PDA

View Full Version : Want to help seed an old show but....

analog414
2007-06-16, 04:42 PM
I tried to d/l the torrent and seed my show but it wants to d/l instead of seeding? Not sure where I changed anything. I deleted the torrent long ago.

Utorrent

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=620832#post620832

U2Lynne
2007-06-16, 04:57 PM
Do you have your torrent client set to always download to the same folder? If so, then you need to put this show you want to reseed into that same folder. What I usually do is start the torrent (to make sure the folder goes in the right place and the name is correct), stop it, then copy over the files to this folder. Then do a force recheck of the torrent, it should then check the files and be ready for seeding, so then hit Start.

analog414
2007-06-16, 05:48 PM
I am going in the right folder. The Force-recheck did not work. Still wants to d/l. Regards Rick

U2Lynne
2007-06-16, 05:50 PM
Did you download the show from here from that same torrent?

analog414
2007-06-16, 06:09 PM
I believe so. I upped this folder on Dime and Zappateers. Now I have no idea where I am at. I also have had to reformat my PC last month and it seemed to mess with utorrent. I noticed I had a PDF file in the folder that was not part of the original TD upload. But I removed that file! Everything else looks good...... unless the txt. file was messed with!?? Maybe i shouod look at that? Rick