PDA

View Full Version : Cheap way to convert NTSC VHS to DVD in Europe?

Salva Veritate
2007-06-14, 04:56 PM
OK, a friend of mine in France is stuck with a bunch of ultra-rare Rage Against the Machine shows on NTSC VHS, and can't trade them because it costs 120 euro to convert to DVD or to duplicate them. A while ago, he trusted a "trader" in New York who promised to convert some and send them back, so he sent 5 or 6 original VHS's (the only ones he had). He never got them back. :( So because of that asshole, he lost all trust of people who promise to convert his VHS shows and send them back.

The cheapest rate he can find is 120 euro for 4 hours of VHS. Same process and price to duplicate a tape. Are there any European traders out there who have encountered the same problem? What's the cheapest way to do this?

AAR.oner
2007-06-15, 05:32 AM
sucks he got ripped off before...but to buy the proper equipment would be way more money...if he's unwilling to send to a taper who can do the transfer, i would say paying the 120 euros is the only other option

Festafarian
2007-06-15, 06:23 AM
Seems to me that you can get a standalone dvd recorder and do it yourself. Mine cost about $100, which should be about the same as 120 Euros.