PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WITH CONVERSIONS!?!?

thc_guy
2005-02-19, 07:16 PM
Ok -- I download video off the site and I get a VOB file. Now my Nero program will only let me burn things like AVI, MPEG, MPG and so on. Is there a program I can download somewhere that will simply covert my files to these types of files? Where can I get it?

Thanks!

paddington
2005-02-19, 08:46 PM
Ok -- I download video off the site and I get a VOB file. Now my Nero program will only let me burn things like AVI, MPEG, MPG and so on. Is there a program I can download somewhere that will simply covert my files to these types of files? Where can I get it?

Thanks!

Get a new version of Nero. 6 or better will make DVDs from VOB files (VOB files are what's on DVDs. What you have is a muxed video+audio DVD file).

and lay off the thc, lest you raise your brain's thd .

TheMamba
2005-02-20, 09:16 AM
Like jameskg said, the VOB files are for a DVD. If you don't have a DVD burner, you're a little stuck....

But you can watch them on your computer with a nifty little program called VLC:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

thc_guy
2005-02-20, 06:04 PM
My Nero can burn VCD's which is what I want to do. Nero says it has to convert the files to MPEG-2 first and I have to buy something to do that through Nero which is why I am looking for somewhere to get a free version!

Please help!

U2Lynne
2005-02-20, 06:15 PM
So you take the time to download a DVD and you want to convert it down to a VCD? I hope you are just doing that for your own watching pleasure and you won't be trading it with anyone.

If you need help with that, you will have to go to someplace like videohelp.com . They deal in both VCD and DVD formats there.

bkm669
2005-02-28, 11:58 PM
Hey check out ImTooMPEG :clap: