PDA

View Full Version : Show Recording Requests

forkstriker4
2007-05-31, 03:44 PM
Is there a place for requesting someone to record a show? People could make a recording request and other users could fill the requests, then go to the venue and record it. Is there an issue with this as venues could possibly "track" recorders to the venue based on their posts? Maybe there should be a forum for requesting show recordings.

There is a concert happening tomorrow that I don't think I'll be able to attend and I know the venue permits recordings of both the audio and video sort. I could record it if I were there...

Thanks.

U2Lynne
2007-05-31, 04:36 PM
What I've seen people do is post in the Tapers forum with dates for a certain artist asking if anyone was planning to tape.

possessed
2007-05-31, 07:01 PM
If you are a taper yourself(which I'm assuming since you said you could tape it if you were there), make friends in the Tapers forum. Might find some fellow tapers in your area. Offer up a free ticket and a few beers to tape a show you can't make. And then return the favor in the future. This gets you in good with fellow tapers whom will work with you in your area. Good luck!

And I just noticed you are using me in your sig Lynne. :thumbsup :lol

forkstriker4
2007-05-31, 11:08 PM
What I've seen people do is post in the Tapers forum with dates for a certain artist asking if anyone was planning to tape.Wow. I can't believe I didn't notice that forum... Thanks for pointing it out.

If you are a taper yourself(which I'm assuming since you said you could tape it if you were there), make friends in the Tapers forum. Might find some fellow tapers in your area. Offer up a free ticket and a few beers to tape a show you can't make. And then return the favor in the future. This gets you in good with fellow tapers whom will work with you in your area. Good luck!This would be good.

Thanks to the both of you.

possessed
2007-06-01, 06:48 PM
You are welcome. Hopefully you post some shows I like in the future. :)

shownomarcy
2011-06-27, 05:23 AM
I've been looking for a topic like this... though I hoped its active... I post anyway :P

I have a special recording request. I uploaded a Dalriada (hun folk) audio some time ago. My request would be:
DALRIADA
2011-09-18 vas Isztambul (TR) - Masters Of Sound

I really didnt know where/to whom post this... so if a Turkish taper exist, who is open-minded, would like to have a special show, check that band out, thanks! ;)
Or please pm me, if you could recommend me somebody ;)