PDA

View Full Version : Help with Flac Frontend

ChefLin10
2005-02-18, 01:50 PM
I tried to follow the step by step intructions on the faq.
>
> After transferring the Flac files that I downloaded to Flac frontend. I then pressed the
> fingerprint file to make it txt format (right?) but I keep getting an error message
> on the pop up saying
> : Error while decoding metadata screen
> State = Flac_Stream_decoder_End_of_Stream
>
> I am able to download the file but unable converting it to a wav. file or
> mp3. Could you provide me with some advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cheflin10

AndreaSueEllen
2005-02-18, 01:54 PM
>
> After transferring the Flac files that I downloaded to Flac frontend. I then pressed the
> fingerprint file to make it txt format (right?) but I keep getting an error message
> on the pop up saying
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cheflin10

they can help you better in technobabble than we can here. this is the looooosers forum

U2Lynne
2005-02-18, 05:54 PM
I split this from the original thread in The Lounge and posted it here for the Original Poster.

uhclem
2005-02-18, 06:23 PM
You are probably in need of the metaflac.exe file which comes bundled with the flac distribution. Go here (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/flac/flac-1.1.2-win.zip?download) for the latest bundle. Unzip it and put metaflac.exe in the same directory with Flac Frontend.

Are you sure you know why you are clicking the Fingerprint button in the first place? If you downloaded the files you don't need to make a fingerprint except for future use. What you really want to do is verify that the files you downloaded match the fingerprints that came with it. For that you need a program called Md5check. Check my website for more about that one.

ssamadhi97
2005-02-18, 08:00 PM
err.. sounds like he has generally broken / incomplete flac files to me. missing / broken headers maybe.

uhclem
2005-02-18, 10:54 PM
err.. sounds like he has generally broken / incomplete flac files to me. missing / broken headers maybe.
That too :D

=WWW=WallySchmo
2006-09-07, 09:26 PM
>
> on the pop up saying
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cheflin10

I was having the same problem. I unchecked the Ogg-FLAC box and it seems to have cleared up the problem. Hope anyone else having the problem finds success with this :)