PDA

View Full Version : missing icons for IM links

tonymasiello
2005-02-18, 09:16 AM
These are currently being remote loaded from a third party site (http://checker.tdknights.com:1337//icq/264329732) using a non-std port. See my screen cap for how ugly this looks for those of us behind a firewall. It should be pretty easy to copy these image files to the local server and edit the PHP code to reference the local copy. Just a suggestions, but otherwise, I love the look and feel of the board.

tonymasiello
2005-02-18, 09:20 AM
Another suggestion would be to shorten the ALT text (but keep the TITLE text). Something like MSN, ICQ, Y!, AIM would look better and still be fairly obvious to the end user.

U2Lynne
2005-02-18, 10:13 AM
It should be pretty easy to copy these image files to the local server and edit the PHP code to reference the local copy. Just a suggestions, but otherwise, I love the look and feel of the board.
Nope, not easy. There is more to it than that or I would have done it. But, I can shorten the ALT text.

tonymasiello
2005-02-18, 11:52 AM
Hmmm... seems like you didn't have a clean copy of the vBulletin source code when you installed it. I checked out some other sites running this and they all have the icons loading locally from;

/images/misc/im_msn.gif
/images/misc/im_icq.gif
/images/misc/im_aim.gif
/images/misc/im_msn.gif

U2Lynne
2005-02-18, 11:59 AM
I'm running a hack for the status icons here. This hack shows the actual status of people online. The icons are one way if they are online and another way if they are offline. I use a third party server to get people's online status.

tonymasiello
2005-02-18, 12:08 PM
Ahh... that makes sense now...