PDA

View Full Version : Shows don't pick up where left off, starts at zero even tho I have most

happydog500
2007-05-23, 03:12 PM
I had to reformat and reinstall my OS today. All my torrents (on a different drive) are still there.

I thought if I download them again (incomplete ones), it will see I have most of the show and pick up where it left off.

One that's almost done is starting at zero GB. Is there a way to hook up what I already have downloaded when starting the torrent again?
Thank you,
Chris.

paddington
2007-05-23, 03:23 PM
what client are you using? If uTorrent 1.6 or better, you can righ click the torrent line, manually set the download folder to the partial data. It sounds like you are pointing at an empty space.

Also, if the files were created as .!ut files (incomplete utorrent files-in-progress), and taht option (add !ut to file extensions in use) is off in your new OS / uT install, or you are using a different client, they won't be seen.

U2Lynne
2007-05-23, 03:23 PM
Make sure you don't have your bittorrent client set to always save in the same downloads folder - tell it to ask where to save the show. Then, stop your torrents and remove the torrent file from your bt client. Now, start a torrent file and your bt client should ask you where you want to save the show. Point it to the correct folder on your other drive. It should then go and check the files to find out how much you have completed and then it will continue the download.

happydog500
2007-05-23, 03:24 PM
Ok, I figured it out. It was set to download in the default folder, when I have my torrents in another place.

Wow!!! This is going to kill my ratio. I went from having a bunch of shows seeding to 1.