PDA

View Full Version : Downloading torrents with Firefox

theriac
2007-05-19, 04:57 PM
I'm having trouble downloading torrents from this site specifically for some reason now. I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.3. It had worked previously and to my knowledge I've done nothing to impair this. What happens is when I click on the .torrent link it opens the page in a new tab and displays the save dialog; yet the "OK" button is greyed out and so I cannot save. I am wondering if this is somehow due to the redirection. Any ideas?

trustthex
2007-05-19, 05:04 PM
try clicking on the greyed out ok a few times, usually seems to get mine to respond

direwolf-pgh
2007-05-19, 05:12 PM
sometimes you need the right tool for the job

U2Lynne
2007-05-19, 05:32 PM
try clicking on the greyed out ok a few times, usually seems to get mine to respond
Yep, that's what I have to do - I just click a couple times where the OK is supposed to be 'clickable'. I'm not sure when it started happening, but it was a few upgrades ago. I keep hoping they will fix it, but it still continues to be that way.

trustthex
2007-05-19, 06:27 PM
Yep, that's what I have to do - I just click a couple times where the OK is supposed to be 'clickable'. I'm not sure when it started happening, but it was a few upgrades ago. I keep hoping they will fix it, but it still continues to be that way.

Lynne- are you having problems with just torrent files? or other types too, just curious?

U2Lynne
2007-05-19, 06:33 PM
Lynne- are you having problems with just torrent files? or other types too, just curious?
Hmmmm, I'm not really certain right now. I'll have to pay more attention, but I know it isn't only on TTD that I've seen this happen. It's been happening for so long now that I don't really pay attention to it anymore.

theriac
2007-05-19, 08:20 PM
Oh, well I guess it isn't just me then. The double clicking suggestion worked, but it's pretty dumb that you need to do that in the first place. I knew I should've stuck with Opera! :argh:

saltman
2007-05-20, 09:15 AM
Happens to me sometimes too. I click the select program from the list and browse to my torrent client. I bet you could clear the history of program associations and redo it and it would work. I haven't had the time to play around with it so I browse each time..... :D

sammywho
2007-05-20, 02:45 PM
I've had that happen forever, too. I re-did the file associations once but it didn't help. I tried a few different trackers just for fun:

Opens straight in utorrent:
DAD
OneMoreSolo
etree
PureLiveGigs

Open with... greyed OK:
Zomb
Tapecity
JamToThis

Opens in (temporary) new tab, greyed OK:
TTD

Using XP SP2, FF 2.0.0.3 and uTorrent 1.6 build 474. :hmm:

trustthex
2007-05-20, 02:51 PM
happens with my work's exchange server... one of 3 sites i use ie for...

U2Lynne
2007-05-20, 03:34 PM
I just downloaded a torrent from here and the OK wasn't greyed out. So, this appears to be intermittent. :hmm:

saltman
2007-05-20, 04:12 PM
I just downloaded a torrent from here and the OK wasn't greyed out. So, this appears to be intermittent. :hmm:It must be because it's greyed out for me. Thanks for the keep pushing ok trick. That works. :thumbsup