PDA

View Full Version : I am either too tired or yeah I am too tired

ME262
2007-05-15, 10:18 PM
Ok, this is probally a stupid question.

I have a show to upload, I am using bit torrent 4.21 dont tell me to use something else(yet) I have just gotten used to using it over at DIME. I wann a post it here cuz it was pulled over there, cuz another previous version was posted in January from a silver cd.

My version is different as it is not from the cd and from a generation from the original source(supposedly)

Anyway, i have the thing encoded to flac, I have fingerprint files, i have the md5 checksum files now too(Thanks Stillborn!) an I am still getting an error.

I am at my wits end trying to do this, i want to increase my ratio so i can continue to get some good music. But I'll be damned if I can get this worked out.

U2Lynne
2007-05-15, 10:39 PM
You are getting an error doing *what*? Did you make a torrent file? Have you tried to upload it to the site? If you tell us what the error is and what you were doing when you got the error, then we can probably help you out.

karmakat
2007-05-15, 10:47 PM
USER ERROR of course. ;)

direwolf-pgh
2007-05-16, 10:42 AM
im not offering any help.. just wanted to hang with the ladies in this thread
:wave:

U2Lynne
2007-05-16, 10:58 AM
:cool:

AAR.oner
2007-05-16, 04:27 PM
whore

ME262
2007-05-17, 04:17 PM
You are getting an error doing *what*? Did you make a torrent file? Have you tried to upload it to the site? If you tell us what the error is and what you were doing when you got the error, then we can probably help you out.

Yeah, i made a torrent, using Bit torrent 4.21, Same one that got denied at DIME, that I had listed here with an external link, but it got yanked so fast, prolly no one here even saw it.

Basically what happened is when I created it in Bit, it tells you to click "Make" so I do and it creates it rather fast. then when I try to seed it it says "error bad string" or something. I'm gonna try it again, and tell you exactly.

ME262
2007-05-17, 04:35 PM
Ok, It clicked it it the TD window, from the hard drive, I dont see it here, and I also cant find the damn thing which is existing on my drive, but Bit Torrent keeps telling me to make a new one. damn I can't even get the error I got before. Who knows what the Hell I was doing??!!?? :hmm: Frustrating as Phuck!

ME262
2007-05-17, 04:37 PM
Ok, this is the error I got:

"Van Morrison" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string"

Again beats me. I gotta get my son to his band concert I'll try again later.

U2Lynne
2007-05-17, 04:45 PM
Well, if you put it in the External forum, then you won't be able to seed it. The External Torrent forum is to tell us about shows on *other* trackers. If you want to upload a show to this tracker, then you need to upload the show without selecting the External link and you need to attach the torrent to the upload. Then, don't forget to download the torrent from the thread to seed it because it gets personalized upon downloading.

ME262
2007-05-17, 05:00 PM
Let me rephrase this last statement:"Yeah, i made a torrent, using Bit torrent 4.21, Same one that got denied at DIME, that I had listed here with an external link, but it got yanked so fast, prolly no one here even saw it."

What I meant there about the external linkl was this afforementioned torrent was listed at DIME, and I was telling people about. But, it was yanked. So I figured I'd reload it here instead.

But, I had deleted the file I ahd originally made for DIME not thinking I could redo it here. So I re-did the whole damn thing, so that it could be posted/uploaded here.

There error listed was from the Bit Torrent 4.21

Every time I try to start the torrent in Bit 4.21 it keeps asking me to make a new one, also everytime it appears to make one it is only taking one song.

I have no clue how I even got this Upped to DIME in the first place, but it was there, I swear on all that is HOLY! I had 30 leechers before it got yanked.

I gotta get Jake to Band Concert, or I'll be late.

Im sure this is something really stupid, I am still stuck in the Cassette world. This all very new to me

U2Lynne
2007-05-17, 05:07 PM
Don't worry, we'll help you out and you'll become an upload expert in no time. ;)

These are the steps listed on the Upload Page:
Steps to Upload:
# Fill out information above
# Attach torrent file below

* Click on Upload Torrent button
* When window pops-up, Browse to torrent file
* Click on the Upload button
* After file is uploaded, click on Close This Window button

# Torrent file name will now appear in Attach Torrent box below
# Finally, hit the Submit New Thread button

I can see that you are getting the torrent uploaded to the tracker, however, you aren't finishing the process by hitting the Submit New Thread button. So, a thread is not getting created, and thus you don't get a page to download the personalized torrent from, and thus the error you are getting. So, next time you try to upload it, fill out the form, attach the torrent, but make sure your final step is to hit the Submit New Thread button on the main Upload Page.

ME262
2007-05-30, 05:42 PM
Ok, this is ridiculous. :mad: (I am really starting to HATE TECHnology, or my inability to ASS-imilate as the BORG would say) :lol

I want to start this shit from scratch. Do I need a different "client" for this to be any easier? When DIME let you use the newer forms of Bittorrent it was easier to understand. Now, you have to use this older version 4.21 (or older still)is either antiquated or not user friendly. or I am not user friendly. or both. All I wanna do is share this music I got sitting here without ripping my hair out(what little I got left I want to keep) and I got alot.

I can't imagine what its going to be like when I finally do understand this and I wanna convert my Old Bootleg Vinyl to put up here, not to mention my master recording of all the concerts I went to from like 1989 thru 2002(Thats over 800+tapes easy). I have lots of that.

So, yeah. This is frustrating from a tapers view. I can remember when Hi-Speed Dubbing was the New Technology(God Do I hate getting OLD!) :mad:

ME262
2007-05-30, 06:27 PM
Ok, So I think I got it uploaded, but it isn't showing me seeding it? Whats that all about? Plus I started the re-download, and its not doing anything? I tested my "SpeedStream" and my Dl rate is 1094KBPS and my UL rate is 159 KBPS; more than adequate. I would think... :disbelief

U2Lynne
2007-05-30, 07:01 PM
All right, you got the hard part done. :D

Here's what you need to do now.
- Stop the torrent
- Remove the torrent file from bittorrent (probably a Red X that you hit)
- Go into your BitTorrent Preferences and uncheck the option to always save the files to the same download folder
- Now start up that torrent file again (the one you downloaded from here, make sure it isn't the original one you created)
- BitTorrent should ask where you want to save the files
- Point it to the Van Morrison folder that you pointed to when you make the torrent
- It should then go and verify your files and then go into Seed mode

ME262
2007-05-30, 08:18 PM
[2007-05-30 19:14:15] (global message) : Could not download or open

Try using a web browser to download the torrent file.
(unknown url type: )
[2007-05-30 19:20:00] "Van Morrison" : This torrent (or one with the same contents) is already running.
[2007-05-30 19:20:25] "Van Morrison" : This torrent (or one with the same contents) is already running.
[2007-05-30 21:09:53] "Van Morrison" : This torrent (or one with the same contents) is already running.
[2007-05-30 21:10:19] "Van Morrison" : This torrent (or one with the same contents) is already running.
[2007-05-30 21:13:11] (global message) : Could not delete cached resume file:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Erik Hrycun\\Application Data\\.bittorrent\\data\\resume\\a41ce6dff918411af917c95d5298c917fa61aafe'
[2007-05-30 21:14:06] (global message) : Could not download or open
C:\Documents and Settings\Erik Hrycun\My Documents\BitTorrent Downloads\Van Morrison
(<urlopen error unknown url type: c>)
[2007-05-30 21:14:37] (global message) : Could not download or open
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=607092#post607092
(not a valid bencoded string)
[2007-05-30 21:18:13] "Van Morrison" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string
[2007-05-30 21:19:13] "Van Morrison" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string

what am i doing wrong??

ME262
2007-05-30, 08:26 PM
Why do I have to "re-download" this file if its already on my hard drive???

This is nuts. :mad: :mad:

direwolf-pgh
2007-05-30, 10:51 PM

go into the thread you created - your torrent thread

Clear the Torrent File from your torrent client (remove it..you are starting fresh)>
Select your torrent file pasted in your thread>
point the torrent to the existing directory on your hard drive>
torrent client will check the files & begin seeding out

-its only difficult the first time.. you will be fine :cool:

paddington
2007-05-30, 10:58 PM

The .torrent file you upload to the server cannot be used to seed the torrent. This is because the file gets modified by the tracker once you upload it and the tracker will NOT recognize the original file ever again as a valid .torrent file.

Once you upload the initial .torrent file, you just download the file from the thread like a normal leecher would, except you 'point' the 'save as...' location to the folder that has all the data in it. The tornet client see it, verifies to 100% and you become a (nearly) instant seed.

ME262
2007-06-01, 06:14 AM
I've tried that, and I even tried downloading uTorrent(recommended by a few members) and that looks just as confusing too. Plus, now its telling me I got a problem with my "port" I had that issue over at DIME, and pretty much that is too difficult, my router is a Seimens, and the default passwords dont work. :mad:
This too much to take in. :hmm:

U2Lynne
2007-06-01, 10:09 AM
I would not worry about your ports right now. As a seeder, it isn't quite as important that you not be firewalled. So, let worry about getting you connected.

- First, stop the torrent (red square)
- Now, delete the torrent from bittorrent (red X)
- Now go into Preferences and make sure it is NOT set to always download to the same folder automatically.
- Now go to the thread and click on the torrent file and save it to your harddrive (note where it is being saved)
- Now go to that torrent and double-click it to start it
- BitTorrent should ask you where you want to save the files (if it doesn't, then you didn't do the third step)
- Tell it where your folder is that you picked to make the torrent file
- It will say something like "Are you sure you want to put them there? There are already files there." Say Yes
- It will then go through and verify that you have 100% of the torrent
- Now it should go into Seeding Mode. If it doesn't, you may have to select that torrent in the BitTorrent Window and then select the Green arrow to tell it to start.

Go through these steps and if something doesn't work right, let me know what step you are having problems on.

(Do you have AIM? Cuz I'm on there.)

ME262
2007-06-02, 10:29 AM
I would not worry about your ports right now. As a seeder, it isn't quite as important that you not be firewalled. So, let worry about getting you connected.

- First, stop the torrent (red square) yup i got that part done
- Now, delete the torrent from bittorrent (red X)ditto
- Now go into Preferences and make sure it is NOT set to always download to the same folder automatically.this is where i probablly scew itall up
- Now go to the thread and click on the torrent file and save it to your harddrive (note where it is being saved) other issue is, now uTorrent is trying to do it and the Bittorrent is trying it also.
- Now go to that torrent and double-click it to start ithaven't gotten here cuz of the other crap
- BitTorrent should ask you where you want to save the files (if it doesn't, then you didn't do the third step)see above answer
- Tell it where your folder is that you picked to make the torrent filei've probally told it everywhere on my hardrive at this point, not sure where the right one is anymore.(seriously)
- It will say something like "Are you sure you want to put them there? There are already files there." Say Yesdo not pass go, do not collect $200 (where's the get out jail free card and community chest when you need them?)
- It will then go through and verify that you have 100% of the torrent(definitely not in Kansas anymore) :cool:
- Now it should go into Seeding Mode. If it doesn't, you may have to select that torrent in the BitTorrent Window and then select the Green arrow to tell it to start.(you want it when?? :wtf: )

Go through these steps and if something doesn't work right, let me know what step you are having problems on.

(Do you have AIM? Cuz I'm on there.)

Just so you don't think I am a super wise ass, these comments were/are being made from work, while supposed to be working! hahah Yah right! It's gonna be a really long day today.

ME262
2007-06-05, 07:51 AM
Hey, I just noticed a "wrinkle" in my torrent. When I first got it up on the tracker, but didn't seed it. It is listed that the file size is 39.9KB which is incorrect. All the torrent files on my hard drive are for 40KB in size, and I have a feeling that is why all the leechers are stuck at 99.95%

Is there a way I can edit that, without starting over from scratch?? :hmm:

direwolf-pgh
2007-06-05, 08:24 AM
nope - make a new one - everyone will shift to the new torrent to complete
give notice in the thread

ME262
2007-06-05, 03:08 PM
Can it still have the same name? Does the old one get stopped? I was gonna wait till I got home from work to do it. I noticed that only one person is under 99.95% so I figured that would the best time to redo it. once he get to that point as well. :hmm:

paddington
2007-06-05, 09:22 PM
ask a mod to help you straighten that out to avoid confusion in future downloaders

U2Lynne
2007-06-05, 10:18 PM
Can it still have the same name? Does the old one get stopped? I was gonna wait till I got home from work to do it. I noticed that only one person is under 99.95% so I figured that would the best time to redo it. once he get to that point as well. :hmm:
Keep everything the same. Make sure you close all the files in the folder. You may remove the .torrent file from the folder though. Then make a new torrent, but make sure to save the .torrent file in a known place. Now go rename it with a "fixed" on the end (like "Van Morrison fixed.torrent"). Now go re-upload the show. Download the torrent file from the thread to your desktop. Start that torrent, select the Van Morrison folder as the place to save it and it should go through and verify the files and go into seed mode.