PDA

View Full Version : Problem with loading Azureus (Mac OS X)

thisistoto
2007-04-25, 08:03 PM
I recently formatted the drive, and installed the new beta Azureus 3.0.1 and hated it, thus I deleted it. Restarted, installed the 2.5. But now when I click on the app it just bounces in the dock for a second then dissapears.

Any help?

direwolf-pgh
2007-04-25, 08:11 PM
delete Azureus out of the preferences folder - under your user account

U2Lynne
2007-04-25, 09:45 PM
I used to use AppZapper (I think that's what it's called - I just realized it is something I haven't gotten around to installing on my new Mac) to fully get rid of an application, so you might try using that.

spiritinaphoto
2007-04-26, 12:11 AM
How bad was Azureus 3.0.1? I've seen screenshots of it and was thoroughly creeped out by it. I've been waiting for someone who can actually run it to tell me if it's as bad as I thought it was.

thisistoto
2007-04-26, 12:56 AM
it is a complete cluster fuck. The layout is terrible. I didn't even want to bother with it. And considering how much memory 2.5 takes up I didn't want to even find out how much the new one eats up.

U2Lynne
2007-04-26, 10:09 AM
Are you talking about BitTyrant (isn't that Azureus 3.0)? I tried it, but didn't like it and went back to Azureus.

Toto, did you get it working again?

thisistoto
2007-04-26, 12:33 PM
Yeah the 3.0 has a new name, Vuze.

I finally did get it to work, thanks lynne. I had deleted the preferences before, I just had to download a fresh copy of 2.5

spiritinaphoto
2007-04-26, 03:23 PM
Are you talking about BitTyrant (isn't that Azureus 3.0)? I tried it, but didn't like it and went back to Azureus.

Toto, did you get it working again?
What was wrong with BitTyrant? I've found it helps me share more effectively in addition to getting things faster. Did you set your upload rate incorrectly? (Hint: if you usually pick 'unlimited' in vanilla-variety Azureus, and did so in BitTyrant, that's your problem right there--you need to set it to your usual upload cap.)

However, it looks like BitTyrant will soon be the only option available for Windows and Mac users who hate the Azureus 3.0 interface but still want to use Azureus, so I suggest holding onto a copy of the 2.5.x installer if you hate BitTyrant.

thisistoto
2007-04-26, 03:30 PM
Is there a difference between Vuze and BitTyrant?

spiritinaphoto
2007-04-26, 03:52 PM
Is there a difference between Vuze and BitTyrant?
BitTyrant's interface is exactly like Azureus 2.5 (it pretty much is Azureus 2.5). The only difference between the two is that BitTyrant will favor sending data to users who can share more efficiently (basically, it lets you punish uberleechers), while Azureus will treat leechers more equally.

Branston
2007-05-27, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all the priceless info - I'd just installed the new look Azureus and was horrified by it :disbelief