PDA

View Full Version : Ettiquete for using torrents from here elsewhere

Ritual
2007-04-11, 11:19 AM
I want to share a torrent (show) I got from here on other trackers and think I should probably give credit to the den somehow. I will have to modify the txt file in the torrent. What should I do?

Also... what is the best way to convert pal to ntsc?

-Ritual

U2Lynne
2007-04-11, 11:38 AM
If I modify a text file, I try very hard to only add something to the end, like this:

Modified on 4/10/07 by Lynne:
I added the checksums below and also modified the lineage per the thread... blah, blah, blah

Usually the best thing to do is wait about a week or so before putting a show up on another tracker. Basically let the torrent die out a bit on one tracker before putting it up on another. Also, when I torrent something from another tracker, I try to give credit to the original uploader and the original site. I do that because I think they should be credited for originally torrenting it and I don't want people to think the credit should go to me.

If you want to convert the video, go to videohelp.com and I'm sure you will fine a tutorial. However, you should share the ORIGINAL video in whatever format it is in. Converting from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL is LOSSY, which is why you don't want to share your conversion. Only convert it for your own personal use.