PDA

View Full Version : DVD trading standards?

Black Dog
2007-04-06, 01:09 AM
I'm wondering why most people seem to trade DVD's with no info/chksums?
:hmm:

itsrare
2007-04-06, 03:31 AM
Many are just too F***ing lazy to give decent detail, there are some really crap lists posted on the snail mail forum or links to decent websites with terrible lists. One on the forum right now has this as detail for a DVD
"AC/DC 1980" that's it :lol Yet this lazy trader still has a few people asking him to trade, lists like that should be pulled from forums and people who ask to trade with time wasters like that should be educated. OK rant over :lol:

U2Lynne
2007-04-06, 09:24 AM
Or they have no idea that they can throw in artwork, md5s and text files into an EXTRAS_TS folder on the DVD when they copy it for trading.

dummkopf
2007-04-06, 10:32 AM
In a digital day and age information travels fast and details get lost along the way. Can I get a "yeah just put it on youtube"?!

Some people like me actually don't give a crap (no offense) about artwork.

Also I am far more concerned with people's pixelated dvd transfers. It really isn't that hard to transfer footage from DV/VHS to DVD without any pixelation, 60min max. per disc.

I heavily agree though with the NO INFO lists. I am sick of asking for details which results in me just passing on potential trades like this (unless it's Ministry footage, haha)

AAR.oner
2007-04-06, 04:02 PM
in my opinion, checksums and source/lineage is a must...if the source/lineage is unknown, atleast state its unknown...and i agree with you Dummkopf re: shitty transfers :thumbsup

Black Dog
2007-04-06, 04:34 PM
Or they have no idea that they can throw in artwork, md5s and text files into an EXTRAS_TS folder on the DVD when they copy it for trading.

That's what I do....but they won't play on all set-top players.

Black Dog
2007-04-06, 04:37 PM
in my opinion, checksums and source/lineage is a must...if the source/lineage is unknown, atleast state its unknown...and i agree with you Dummkopf re: shitty transfers :thumbsup

Artwork is preference.....but without chksums, you end up with multiple copies floating around.

Dr. Feelgood
2007-04-06, 10:24 PM
Not to brag but I feel I give the best info per show on my list. I do have plans on giving setlists and screencaps for everthing. Just check out my site.

Here's an example of what I do:

AC/DC
1981 Landover, Maryland 12/21/81 @ Capital Centre / Pro (A-) 105:56min. 2 DVD