PDA

View Full Version : divx --> DVD?

travishayes89
2007-04-05, 02:59 PM
Can I upload a DVD of AC/DC's Rock Goes To College that I made from a DivX file, if I post a couple of screenshots here first so that you can check them to see if the quality matches what you think is a good quality DVD, I mean, it looks great, but since it is DivX sourced, I want to run it by a mod first before I upload it.

PS: Original DivX file length: 42 minutes, 699 mb.

U2Lynne
2007-04-05, 03:10 PM
The Video BT Seeding Policy is listed in the FAQ and also linked in my signature. Here is rule 9:

9. Only DVDs produced from MPEG-2 may be seeded here.
No DVDs will be allowed to be seeded here which were sourced from lesser quality video (ie. VCD/SVCD/DivX/xvid/etc converted to DVD). Converting a lesser quality video to DVD does not make the quality of the video any better, and is therefore pointless. It is equivilent to creating a flac fileset from mp3s simply because the flac format came around and is better than all others. None of the above mentioned video codecs are up to par with The Trader's Den Video BT Seeding Guidelines, and therefore, will not be allowed on the tracker.

So, no you can't upload that DVD.

(Also, thread moved to Technobabble.)

Jackstraw_1969
2007-04-05, 03:11 PM
Please check #9

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_videorules

Jackstraw_1969
2007-04-05, 03:12 PM
(Also, thread moved to Technobabble.)

Damn girl, a reply and a move before I could hit "post"

travishayes89
2007-04-05, 03:12 PM
So you mean even if it looks great, I still can't?

Cause this is the better version of RGTC, with it uncut, unlike the recent BBC airing which cut out a couple of songs, and unlike the original which cut out the ending of Let There Be Rock. I swear I can't tell the difference, and I made it, looks a bit better than a copy I've downloaded from here too.

Jackstraw_1969
2007-04-05, 03:16 PM
it's still not allowed.

travishayes89
2007-04-05, 03:19 PM
Damn, cause I don't have a non-DivX source for that particular version.

But I suppose it worked out for the better, since I can't get PowerDVD to take screenshots now, it just turns out green. Got any tips?

Jackstraw_1969
2007-04-05, 03:32 PM
Why not offer up a vine?

travishayes89
2007-04-05, 03:42 PM
I was talking about the screenshots on PowerDVD turning out as green blocks.

AAR.oner
2007-04-05, 05:36 PM
try VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) as yer video player...much better program imo, and no screenshot issues

AAR.oner
2007-04-05, 05:37 PM
and by the way Jack, the Vines forum upholds the same standards as the BT forums ;)

so no DivX>DVD seeds allowed there either

travishayes89
2007-04-05, 06:38 PM
As for VLC, I tried it too, oddly, I think it might be just a weird bug in my system...

Jackstraw_1969
2007-04-06, 11:38 AM
As for the screen shots, it's prolly a video card setting. I had the same issue, but had to turn accelleration off or something like that.......google is your friend.

lecher
2007-04-09, 09:26 AM
So you mean even if it looks great, I still can't?

Cause this is the better version of RGTC, with it uncut, unlike the recent BBC airing which cut out a couple of songs, and unlike the original which cut out the ending of Let There Be Rock. I swear I can't tell the difference, and I made it, looks a bit better than a copy I've downloaded from here too.

I just recorded the recent rebroadcast and I'm pretty sure it's the same length, maybe even a bit longer (closer to 50 minutes without commercials). I'm wondering how your version is more complete if it's just as long or possibly shorter than the rebroadcast?

I was planning on seeding that, I recorded it direct to digital. I just haven't gotten around to making menus and doing a proper burn.

Soreballs
2007-04-20, 09:53 AM
The lossy version in question here, was posted @Demonoid without any warning about the lossy origin :disbelief

Thankfully a user from this site posted a warning about it before I got very far into downloading it :thumbsup