PDA

View Full Version : differences of TD to Etree?

dannyandamie
2007-04-01, 03:15 PM
I was just curious, i heard about TD thru Etree. With the exception of dl DVDs, how is it that TD can get away with alot of bands that etree doesn't allow? i noticed there are some bands listed here that can't be dl, but how does TD get away with allowing bands like, Metallica for instance? just wondering

toys
2007-04-01, 03:32 PM
theres a few bands that don't permit mass electronic trading/sharing of their live performances, but are fine with traders sending shows to each other through snail mail.

U2Lynne
2007-04-01, 03:33 PM
etree only allows bands that explicity come out and say they allow taping and trading. TDD allows bands unless we get contacted by the band and told they do not wish for us to have their shows on the site. And, some bands we added to out Band Restriction Policy for other reasons or because we just don't like them. (kidding!)

And, as toys said, some bands are only our list only for certain parts of the site (trading vs torrenting or audio vs video etc.)

paddington
2007-04-01, 11:40 PM
another big difference is that TTD comes with cream-cheese icing. like the kind on a good carrot cake.

etree has none at all. You can't ignore that.

AAR.oner
2007-04-03, 05:51 AM
:lol :clap: