View Full Version : April Fools?

liamoforange
2007-04-01, 01:09 AM
Hey,

Love the April Fools gag!

Cheers!

guygee
2007-04-01, 01:27 AM
Yeah, they hooked me and lured me right in, but I smacked my own head on the "ship of fools" :hmm:> :confused: > :duh:> :lol

zncstr
2007-04-01, 08:25 AM
wow... i freaked for a moment....damn you guys are good

emptyzero
2007-04-01, 09:46 AM
I know this is a tired conversation but Boot/Bootleg has a negative connotation for about 90% of the tapers I know. I don't feel as strongly about it as some but I do think that many tapers (from ts.com for example) will be turned off by it.

I love the site, had been shown a beta version way back when and have seeded masters here since it went live. This morning I came to post a torrent and I thought hackers were at working messing around. I don't mean to start anything, I'm still going to post here for now but I did want to put that out there.

mondraryfields
2007-04-01, 10:00 AM
I have to say I agree. The Trader's Den was a great name. Anything "boot" related has a bad image to me. I'll keep checking the place out still.

I know this is a tired conversation but Boot/Bootleg has a negative connotation for about 90% of the tapers I know. I don't feel as strongly about it as some but I do think that many tapers (from ts.com for example) will be turned off by it.

I love the site, had been shown a beta version way back when and have seeded masters here since it went live. This morning I came to post a torrent and I thought hackers were at working messing around. I don't mean to start anything, I'm still going to post here for now but I did want to put that out there.

bonzobonham
2007-04-01, 10:02 AM
Check the date.

ellaguru
2007-04-01, 10:18 AM
last year's was better

ragu421
2007-04-01, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I gotta agree with the negative conotations of "bootleg" or "boot city".Im not adverse to change but I thought we had a nice,small,little intimate trading community here and for what it's worth, am not thrilled about the "merger".I think,if anything, things will become more "diluted" here and Ive never had any problems with TDD whatsoever.Im not the "sharpest tool in the shed" but I just dont think this is the best idea.Again,just my opinion and what do I know? :wave:

ArchivalAudio
2007-04-01, 10:24 AM
Hey
:hmm:
so I went to sleep last nite while on vacation...
and got up to see what new exciting torrents were up'ed in my sleep at the traders den
and now my friendly named Traders den with the nice black background
is now this hideous organgy-brown with some wired new name logo that reminds me of some strange college football jersey...

I read this "Bootcity and The Traders Den are happy to announce the merging of these two wonderful sites. As you know, the Admins and Mods of the two sites have been close since the sites started, so it was only natural for the two sites to finally decide to join together. We have not worked out all the details on how to best merge the two databases together, but are hard at work discussing it. As soon as that detail is worked out, we will make a thread to get input from all of you and what the best features of the two sites are so we can make the best site possible."

on the forums page but should this not be on the splash page? like all of the moving server info...

I thought I got to the wrong site? ...or some hackers got in..... I checked again...

I also Feel that boot (Bootleg) refers to some kind of illegal activity
I am an Archivest!
and many bands here allow recording of their music some only Audio & some video

Why did Boot City overtake the name of the traders den?
a den sounds so much more cozy then a city....

any way I see there is another similar thread.... but

What's in a name?

my 2¢
is to keep the name of
the Traders (implies: sharing)
Den (implies: cozy room to feel comfortable)
thanx
:D
and keep up the great work!

ArchivalAudio

emptyzero
2007-04-01, 10:33 AM
I'll admit I've been had. :)

I even read the first few posts of April Fools before I started this thread and wasn't paying attention to it pertaining to the name of the site or that fact that it's 4-1.

guygee
2007-04-01, 10:36 AM
Hey
:hmm:

and now my friendly named Traders den with the nice black background
is now this hideous organgy-brown with some wired new name logo that reminds me of some strange college football jersey...
[/I]

Good call, the font also evokes the Old West, so I think it looks like the jerseys of the Cucamonga College Cowflops, who are so famous for the bootleg play on fourth and goal.

KoolKat
2007-04-01, 10:37 AM
I for 1 certainly hope it's the annual April Fools stunt(last years was a return to the sharing the groove home page if i remember correctly :lol ).
If its not & you are merging ,which i suppose is a possibility..change the crap board colour & the name.
"City Of Boot Traders" indeed :disbelief ......wellington,chelsea,hockey & pussin :lol

Could of been a bit more original this year guys ;)

K_K

emptyzero
2007-04-01, 10:41 AM
yeah the name and the layout should have been a serious tip off...well speaking for myself.

ArchivalAudio
2007-04-01, 10:57 AM
ahhhhh

GOT ME!

D'Oh!

me go get waffles now...

thanx for changing the titleof the thread too!

U2Lynne
2007-04-01, 11:12 AM
the Traders (implies: sharing)
Den (implies: cozy room to feel comfortable)
When we were just setting up this site, we could NOT think of a name. Finally Stephen suggested The Traders' Den and we all thought the same thing you did - Sharing and Cozy.

tuneman55
2007-04-01, 11:18 AM
I look forward to seeing the old sharing the groove site return every year. But this is a good April fools this year also :clap:

searchinforthesound
2007-04-01, 12:16 PM
what happened to the buttons to changer the site view to rotating banners. this orange and blue is kinda obnoxious. can anyone help. the option button that used to be at the bottom of the page does'nt show up, at least for me, anymore.

U2Lynne
2007-04-01, 12:21 PM
It'll be back at the end of the day. Take a look at your calendar.....

direwolf-pgh
2007-04-01, 03:10 PM
Take a look at your calendar.....
just looked out the window.. 7 ft. rabbit hoarding an egg

must be spring.

liamoforange
2007-04-01, 04:25 PM
I cannot believe that I post a post with the title "April Fools?" and half the people who respond are griping about the the name change???? and it's "negative" connotations???? comon people let's try reading and absorbing before we hit the button to bitch.

Also for those of you who want to cover your wee bums by saying thanks for changing the title of this thread... well no one changed the title of this thread, that is the title I posted with, at 1:05 April 1st.

I suggest next year you just change the name of the site to April BOOT Fools! even then I am not sure every one will get it! and it would be fun to see all the posts about the negative connotations of the sites "new" name. :lol

To the staff again I will say "Nice One!"

Cheers!

Mr. Tarzan
2007-04-01, 04:45 PM
All you gotta do is go to Boot City (http://www.bootcity.org/) and see that there is no merger with Traders' Den announced there.

Must admit I was fooled for a minute there, and wasn't totally sure until I saw this thread titled "April Fools".

ArchivalAudio
2007-04-01, 04:46 PM
I cannot believe that I post a post with the title "April Fools?" and half the people who respond are griping about the the name change???? and it's "negative" connotations???? comon people let's try reading and absorbing before we hit the button to bitch.

Also for those of you who want to cover your wee bums by saying thanks for changing the title of this thread... well no one changed the title of this thread, that is the title I posted with, at 1:05 April 1st.

Cheers!

Actually there were 2 other threads
and One I started called:
Where did the Traders Den GO?... What's in a name?
that's where my posts were...

that was "merged"with this one

but
it got me good
thanx to all who pulled it over!
Cheers!

madman420
2007-04-01, 07:32 PM
I did like the warmer orange color
compared to this nasty grey

U2Lynne
2007-04-01, 07:39 PM
Just for you madman: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/index.php?styleid=22

madman420
2007-04-01, 07:44 PM

thanks Lynne,
but I didn't say I liked the NAME ;)

U2Lynne
2007-04-01, 09:33 PM
thanks Lynne,
but I didn't say I liked the NAME ;)
That name was supposed to be a dead giveaway. We tried to come up with a pretty unbelievably bad merge name between the two sites.

But, you are stuck with it in that style for now. I left the STG style having the STG name, so this April Fools style can remain the same for now too. :D

liamoforange
2007-04-01, 10:39 PM
All I can think of when I see the name is that Starship song..

"We built Boot City
We built Boot City on rock 'n roll"

repeat ad nauseam

:lol:

TwoK
2007-04-01, 10:42 PM
I logged in today and saw the new name and color scheme as a horrid mistake.
Instantly I percieved the deception, as Dime had a bogus main page today too.
Clicking around , thru , under , and over a few pages got me thru the April Fool's gag and back to the TTD layout and colors we've all come to know and love.
But it was a pretty good ruse for those that weren't ready for it ! ! :clap:

cptsolo
2007-04-05, 05:49 PM
I thought the whole "City of Boot Traders" was just a one-day April Fools Joke. Why is it that 5 days later I still get the horrible name and hideous color of the supposed "Fake" site. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the prank but 5 days later the funny has worn off a bit. Can I get the old site back please?

That's all

- Clint

U2Lynne
2007-04-05, 06:02 PM
Try going to your User CP > Options and set Forum Skin to TTD Default.

(I had a hard time of one day with that skin, but five days?!?! You should have said something sooner! :) )

SundayDriver
2007-04-05, 07:41 PM

:hmm: What happened to the rest of the style numbers?...22?

U2Lynne
2007-04-05, 08:06 PM
:hmm: What happened to the rest of the style numbers?...22?
For various reasons they were deleted along the way.

ArchivalAudio
2007-04-10, 12:34 AM
Try going to your User CP > Options and set Forum Skin to TTD Default.

(I had a hard time of one day with that skin, but five days?!?! You should have said something sooner! :) )

WOW
now it's back
9 days of City of Boot traders...
I mean
come on....

why did it reset my options?

Oh finally the comfy black n grey!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmy

I hope that gets rid of the city of boot....

thanx

U2Lynne
this once got me every day for the past nine
dayz

ragu421
2007-04-10, 09:28 AM
Im glad we are back to the Traders Den and not Boot city or whatever.I like what we have here and the way it is run by the Mods.They do a fantastic job!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

U2Lynne
2007-04-10, 09:49 AM
WOW
now it's back
9 days of City of Boot traders...
I mean
come on....
It's back for you? I just checked your settings, and you are not set to get that skin. Perhaps clear your cache or do a Force Refresh of the page and see if it still shows up with that skin.

Here's a link to go back to the regular style: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/index.php?s=&styleid=7