PDA

View Full Version : Veags Rendering Error

outpostnorth
2005-02-11, 02:58 PM
When i render videos, if it is over about 75 minutes long, i get an error at about 95% and have to redo it. if i cut the video in half and render each, both are fine. any ideas?

h_vargas
2005-02-11, 08:03 PM
i know this doesn't exactly 'fix' your problem. however, when you say you're rendering the files, do you mean just rendering for a preview or rendering as in exporting to a file (DV .AVI, MPEG-2, etc.)?

if you're looking for a less-intensive way to process video to encode to MPEG-2 from within Vegas, you may want to check out DebugMode's FrameServer application. using it cut my encoding time by 50-70% (was using CCE's plugin for Premiere, to now using Premiere > FrameServer > CCE).

New Homebrew
2005-02-11, 08:11 PM
I wonder if maybe you do not have enough continuous, free hard drive space? Pehaps deleting some stuff and defragmenting would help. I use Vegas all the time and have never had a problem while rendering - what does the error message say?

Also remember that Sony has a dedicated forum for Vegas help issues that is pretty good.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/default.asp

outpostnorth
2005-02-12, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the couple tips. i am just rendering video to mpeg2 for dvds. i have plenty of harddrive space (50+ gigs free all the time) thanks for the forum link, checking it out now.