PDA

View Full Version : we need a way to be able to search the covers only...

chewie420
2007-03-20, 11:37 PM
isn't there some way to search just the cover section? i know i made and uploaded a cover for KW 3/13/05 ahile ago, but whenever i search for it i can't find it. i get general results with a bunch of other stuff mixed in. is there a way you could do something like this: search > dvd covers > keller williams and have all the kw covers come up only?

on another note, i'm just about finished organizing my personal cover art collection, which also includes the text files and md5's for about 100 shows, mostly GD & Phish, with a bunch of others mixed in. i was thinking about seeding it as a dvd. it'll be about 245 mb total. is anyone interested? they're all broken down into bands, side bands, etc. i'll have a complete list ready soon.

dcbullet
2007-03-21, 12:03 AM
try this:

U2Lynne
2007-03-21, 09:46 AM
^^ what he said.

And also: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/search.php?

chewie420
2007-03-21, 05:02 PM
now why didn't i know about that? that makes life so much eaiser. thanks! and how about that cover torrent. anyone interested?

saltman
2007-03-23, 12:10 PM
now why didn't i know about that? that makes life so much eaiser. thanks! and how about that cover torrent. anyone interested?yeah get on it.... I'm sure it will be a popular torrent when it gets put together.

chewie420
2007-03-23, 01:37 PM
cool, it's almost ready...

U2Lynne
2007-03-23, 01:40 PM
You might want to do an Audio Covers torrent and a Video Covers torrent separately, if possible.

chewie420
2007-03-23, 03:47 PM
i only have video covers, i make my own generic black & white cd covers. i have way to many cd's to make art for them all. printer ink is really expensive...

chewie420
2007-03-24, 12:46 AM
ok, question: when i seed my artwork torrent, being that it is not music or video, which forum should i seed it in?

U2Lynne
2007-03-24, 10:32 AM
Since it is a DVD Covers torrent, I would put it in the Video forum. Leave the date 'blank', put "DVD Covers" for the Band Name (or something like that), select either PAL/NTSC, you can change that afterwards, and, I guess Audience (doesn't matter). I would put all the covers in a folder and make an md5 of them to include in the torrent (and paste in the thread if there is room). In your thread introduction, you should probably reference this thread or say that I was cool with this particular cover torrent and that is isn't a normally allowed thing to be done (I don't want people to start torrenting a cover here, a cover there.... ).

chewie420
2007-03-24, 05:43 PM
ok, but the way i have it now, there is one big folder, then inside there are i think 6 folders, broken down into general bands (gd & family, phish & family, assorted, etc), then inside those there are more folders broken into exact bands, and then one more time, inside those there are folders for each date that have the text file, md5 and coverart for that date. i guess i'll make an md5 for the whole original folder. (well, i'll try, i've never actually made an md5 before). i'll keep you posted. this'll prob be done on monday.