PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Question

wild_eyed
2005-02-10, 07:03 AM
hi, im at college where i can't seem to download anything, so im aassuming im behind a firewall, is there any sure way to find out? and or is there a way around it? i.e. use a different port or what not?

cheers.

U2Lynne
2005-02-10, 09:48 AM
Well, I think most universities have some sort of firewall. You can do a NAT (http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl) and find out, or you can start to download something off of etree.org and if you see yourself listed on the peers list with your port number in red brackets, then you are firewalled.

There really isn't much you can do about it, however.

general eclectic
2012-10-24, 09:42 PM
Rather than start a new thread...

...I'm showing up as firewalled whilst I have uTorrent open, yet the standard windows firewall is set to allow uTorrent through. I'm tethered to my phone, therefore not running through a router. CanYouSeeMe.org can't see me. Have run speed tests and am achieving .86Mbs up, and 4.75Mbs down. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows7 64 bit, and uTorrent 3.1.3.

general eclectic
2012-10-25, 11:26 PM
Rather than start a new thread...

...I'm showing up as firewalled whilst I have uTorrent open, yet the standard windows firewall is set to allow uTorrent through. I'm tethered to my phone, therefore not running through a router. CanYouSeeMe.org can't see me. Have run speed tests and am achieving .86Mbs up, and 4.75Mbs down. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows7 64 bit, and uTorrent 3.1.3.

Perhaps I should start a new thread to get my query noticed...

U2Lynne
2012-10-26, 10:36 AM
Well, this is a seven year old thread.... could you even tether to your phone back then? :D

I have no advice since I don't have a phone that does data. I still have a pay-as-you-go phone that is only a phone (oh, I think it has a camera too).

jabulon
2012-10-26, 11:17 AM
What kind of phone/OS are you using?

general eclectic
2012-10-28, 12:31 AM
HTC, Android, bought it about a year ago.