PDA

View Full Version : ntsc to pal

jormadog
2007-03-16, 06:25 PM
can it be done and if so pleeze help a luddite understand in layman terms how to convert once downloaded PLEASE HELP ME SO i CAN WALK THROUGH THIS

U2Lynne
2007-03-16, 06:37 PM
I would head on over to videohelp.com . They have tutorials on how to do this. One thing though.... you should only do this for your own personal use. It is a lossy conversion and so you should never trade it.

direwolf-pgh
2007-03-16, 07:23 PM
"Convert Trick" for Windows:

1.get ifoedit (freeware) (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/ifoedit.cfm)
2. install the program
3. Select OPEN (point to DVD folder)
(note: files in folder will be: VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_0, VTS_02_0, VTS_03_0...etc)
4. Start with the Last VTS file -Select it.
5. Double click the VIDEO attributes line.
6. From pop-up info shown: Change ONLY the VIDEO from PAL to NTSC (radio button)
(you may have one, two or three changes per VTS file)
7. Select SAVE >
8. Prompt will ask if you wish to change the .BUP file - YES! >
9. Repeat these steps for each VTS file & VIDEO_TS file.
10. You are now ready to burn your video for NTSC playback.

*note - this does not "convert" - but tricks the NTSC DVD player
*note - you can not seed this "converted/modified" DVD back out

jormadog
2007-03-16, 07:23 PM
Thank-you U2Lynne..................as only I would I truly value the "privealage" of p2p sharing so that you know my dvd player keeps telling me "disc error not ntsc" and it took me about a dozen burn attempts every which way to Sunday and I am simply frustrated not to mention out about a dozen blank dvd's this all started with a download of ahmed jammal and a Jethro Tull show there is so much that I would like to see and have for my personal library that is labeled "pal" .////// do you know if there are dvd players that play pal or both??? ..........Oh and I am "grateful" for your quick response

jormadog
2007-03-16, 07:31 PM
ps. this has been an obstacle of mine for about a year, I mostly share on dime under the same name although traders den is by far the #1 site for video dl's I feel somewhat like I am missing so much good music due to my own igrorance with computers and tech stuff . It took me forever to learn about flac and shn and I STILL do not know how to upload a torrent but do seed as much as possible here and on dime

Voodoochild137
2007-03-16, 08:02 PM
many players here in the States play both PAL and NTSC, i have a cheapo from Target that I bought to avoid conversion troubles... I must cost money to install "disc zone (US--> NTSC, everywhere else-->PAL) protection" b/c most of the less costly ones easily play both... do some research... if that helps..

U2Lynne
2007-03-16, 10:40 PM
videohelp.com has a list of DVD players and the attributes for each (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers). You can easily do a search by selecting Multisystem PAL/NTSC .

AAR.oner
2007-03-17, 12:35 AM
many players here in the States play both PAL and NTSC, i have a cheapo from Target that I bought to avoid conversion troubles... I must cost money to install "disc zone (US--> NTSC, everywhere else-->PAL) protection" b/c most of the less costly ones easily play both... do some research... if that helps..
:thumbsup i have a $250 JVC that is picky as hell when it comes to discs, so went to wallyworld and picked up a $29 off-brand player and it'll play anything...and i mean anything! easiest way to deal with NTSC/PAL issues is to buy one of those cheapies

heyyo
2007-03-17, 03:52 AM
Do yourself a favour and get a player that support both TV-formats :) , saves you alot of time and effort to re-code ever DVD... + you wont have to go to hell :)

Sid
2007-03-17, 09:07 PM
$71......got it today & I've tried every possible region & type that I have :thumbsup :thumbsup

Pioneer DV-393-S Multi-Zone Region Free DVD Player

Key Features

Plays DVD Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW (Video Format), CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD, WMA, MP3 and JPEG formats
Plays All-Region DVDs: Region 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 0
Plays PAL and NTSC Region DVDs on all TVs.
DVD-R/DVD-RW compatible
WMA/MP3/Jpeg playback
Advanced Disc Navigator
Specifications:

Advanced GUI
Virtual surround
Twin laser pick-up
Dual progressive scan: PAL/NTSC
Advanced disc navigator
Animated thumbnails
Zoom function
Cursor key on front panel
Set up navigator
Low power consumption standby: 0.12W
Jpeg photo viewer
WMA
MP3
54Mhz/12-bit Video DAC
192kHz/24-bit Audio DAC
PAL/NTSC video converter
Dolby digital decoder
DTS decoder
Component out
S-Video out
Video out
Audio out
Coaxial out
Remote control
Height:55mm
Supplied Accessories:
Remote Control
Batteries
Instruction Manual
Stereo AV Cables - RCA Type (Red, Yellow, White)
Power Cord