PDA

View Full Version : SOFTWARE for adjusting speed/pitch ???

John Freeman
2007-03-06, 06:16 PM
Can someone recommend to me a free software that will allow you to adjust the speed of a wave file before burning it. I recently downloaded something that was transfered way to slow.

AAR.oner
2007-03-07, 06:07 AM
audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

John Freeman
2007-03-07, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reply, but my Audacity is either a frebee without the frills or the frills expired a long time ago. The "Effects" portion of the the hardware doesn't function. Any other good options??

Five
2007-03-07, 03:27 PM
maybe try uninstalling and reinstall the latest version

you need to join all the files, pitch correct, then re-cut the show on the sector boundaries.

audacity is free software

there is no other option for you without $$$

ps it is software, not hardware! ;)

John Freeman
2007-03-07, 09:04 PM
Yeah it's software :D Anyway, I hadn't used the Audacity for a long time. I forgot that once you loaded a music file into it, that you needed to click on the graph and highlight the track, doing so enables the use of effects. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer. John

spiritinaphoto
2007-03-08, 02:52 PM
Oh, you may find that this post comes in very handy: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=394710&postcount=37

I found that I didn't need to use this "scientific" method of doing speed-correction because I came within about +/-0.3% of what his method indicated the correct speed would have been, which probably would have been in the statistically allowable deviation range, but if you're worried at all about the speed, try this method to double check what your ears tell you.

John Freeman
2007-03-08, 05:00 PM
Oh, you may find that this post comes in very handy: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=394710&postcount=37

I found that I didn't need to use this "scientific" method of doing speed-correction because I came within about +/-0.3% of what his method indicated the correct speed would have been, which probably would have been in the statistically allowable deviation range, but if you're worried at all about the speed, try this method to double check what your ears tell you.

Thank god I know how to play guitar. I simply sped up the wave file to a tuned guitar. P :cool:

Papagaio
2007-08-10, 02:41 AM
Unfortunately, Audacity is not good at speed adjustment. Here's a sample GIF of a simple sine wave (above) and the same wave file after speeding up 10% with Audacity (below). As you can see, the sped-up version has some additional noise.

It's a simple test, so you can test your wave editing program by yourself. Just generate a small file with sine wave, change the speed, and do the before-and-after comparison with the frequency analysis feature.

pawel
2007-08-10, 11:15 AM
LOL, these picks look like nasty harmonics. Good, I have never done it in Audiacity.

paddington
2007-08-10, 12:08 PM
ignoreing the 'free' requirement, Adobe Audition does a great job if used correctly.