PDA

View Full Version : Editing tag info...

jonohull
2007-03-06, 12:54 PM
If I download something, and the tag info says something like "Track 01" for title, and "Artist" for artist, can I change these, and still upload them later if someone needs a seed? Will they still be the same?

Five
2007-03-06, 02:52 PM
once you change the tags, you will no longer be able to connect as a 100% seed. When the tags are "Track 01" and "Artist" it is for the best to either remove them altogether or re-tag with proper names. This doesn't alter the audio contenet and the ffp/st5 checksums will remain identical. md5 checksums will be altered, and that is one of the main reasons we want ffp/st5 checksums instead of md5 for audio shows here.

jonohull
2007-03-06, 05:06 PM
So if I started seeding a show I changed the tags on, I might be listed as 99%, but the other people would still get the whole song, just not the tags?

Five
2007-03-06, 05:56 PM
I think it would alter your files back to the way they were by downloading the old version of the tags, perhaps you could avoid this by setting your client so it does not download anything. Also, I'm not sure if it would make it to 99% when you re-start the torrent. If you want to try this, make a backup of the files first, because when you re-start the torrent aiming it at the altered files I'm not certain how it will react, even with download set to zero. If you try it let me know what happens, I'm kinda curious.

jonohull
2007-03-06, 06:41 PM
Alright, thanks. Mostly I was just worried about screwing up the swarm. If I ever have to, I'll just set aside a copy to re-upload so my fixed-tag ones stay the same.