PDA

View Full Version : Firewall and Uploads

madprof68
2007-03-06, 06:36 AM
I notice that I have a ratio that indicates I have not shared any of the files I have uploaded. Under my profile, my site is listed as FIREWALLED. Would this prevent others from uploading from me? I have not had this problem at other sites. Is there something I need to do at this site to formally act as a seeder of a show I just uploaded?

While I have used bittorrent a little, I am still new to this game. Any help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks...

U2Lynne
2007-03-06, 09:06 AM
You should make sure your ports are forwarded so that you are not firewalled and can fully share with others. Go here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm pick your router, then your bittorrent client and then follow the directions.

nicks06
2007-03-14, 06:23 PM
how do you know which is your router?

U2Lynne
2007-03-14, 06:43 PM
Follow the ethernet line from your computer to whatever is on the other end - that is your router or your modem (which may be acting as a router). Get the make and model number of that unit and look it up on that page at portforward.com . The ethernet line is the one that has a plug on both ends that looks like a telephone line plug.

nicks06
2007-03-14, 08:22 PM
if i am at a university, is it possible to do portforwarding?

U2Lynne
2007-03-14, 09:00 PM
Most likely not. I've heard of some people being able to find a computer here or there on campus that is not behind the firewall, but most of them are.