PDA

View Full Version : Jb3 recording question...urgent.

sweatboard
2007-03-04, 02:36 PM
under "record audio"

what do "Synchro" and "Continuous" mean and should the be set to "on" or "off" Thanks,

Brian

stantheman1976
2007-03-04, 02:55 PM
I don't have a JB3, but I think it's the same thing as my old MD recorder. Synchro likely means if you are recording from a source that has split tracks like a CD it will split into separate tracks the same place as the original. Continuous probably means it will record one long file. For live recording it will split if there is a pause in the sound like if you are recording voice and the person is quiet for a few seconds it will start a new track when the person speaks again. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure but I have a Sony MZ-R55 recorder that has similar options and that's how it works.

sweatboard
2007-03-04, 03:31 PM
Thanks, I'll try recording with the "Continuous" feature set to on.

tbrown4
2007-03-04, 04:58 PM
Continuous (with the newest firmware) allows for almost seamless recording once you reach the 3-hour file limit size barrier. I think it drop about 2 second, maybe when it starts a new file.

It's not nearly as cool as the Edirol gear which does truly seamless file switches.

sweatboard
2007-03-04, 05:57 PM
So if I'm recording a music concert, do I want the Continuous ON or Off?

willndmb
2007-03-04, 06:40 PM
i don't have my jb3 around right now nor do i know the setting
but if you need a seemless split, instead hit the |> (next track) button and it will start a new file with no loss
of course to play it safe try and do it between songs

sweatboard
2007-03-04, 06:46 PM
I don't want any splits at all. I just want one long file. So do I use continuous on or off?

willndmb
2007-03-05, 09:09 AM
hmmm mines on snychro and off
never noticed that setting before, more important, never had a prob recording

and like i said if you get near 3hrs of record time hit the |> button and it will start a new file seemless so you don't miss anything