PDA

View Full Version : more nero bs....

chewie420
2007-02-25, 11:55 AM
has anyone else come across this problem with nero??? in the past week or two, i've converted a couple of shows from flac and went to burn them as wav with nero, and it tells me that "the tracks cannot be added unless i install a plug in". but it doesn't tell me what plug in, and none should be necessary since they are regular wav files just like the countless other ones i burn everyday! could it be flac is decoding them weird? i tried taking one of said shows, transfered it to my external hd, plugged that into my laptop and tried burning it on that with nero and got the same message. what gives? what other programs do you guys & gals use to burn audio cds? i always liked nero and never had many problems with it until this one.

AAR.oner
2007-02-25, 01:42 PM
what program are you using to decode from flac>wav? i would re-install, or if yer using something other than TLH, try it...might also be an issue with Nero itself--i've had problems with it in the past and had to reinstall from scratch...

i'll go ahead and chime in that switching from Nero to ONES is the best move i made on a PC :cool:

also, you might try letting Nero decode on-the-fly using the flac plugin:
http://www.bitburners.com/Software/Download/Audio_Software_and_Encoders/Nero_Audio_Plugins/

chewie420
2007-02-25, 02:39 PM
i've always used flac frontend. i've been thinking about trying TLH. what is ONES?

paddington
2007-02-25, 03:22 PM
has anyone else come across this problem with nero??? in the past week or two, i've converted a couple of shows from flac and went to burn them as wav with nero, and it tells me that "the tracks cannot be added unless i install a plug in". but it doesn't tell me what plug in, and none should be necessary since they are regular wav files just like the countless other ones i burn everyday! could it be flac is decoding them weird? i tried taking one of said shows, transfered it to my external hd, plugged that into my laptop and tried burning it on that with nero and got the same message. what gives? what other programs do you guys & gals use to burn audio cds? i always liked nero and never had many problems with it until this one.

Nero doesn't support FLAC right of the box. You need the Nero FLAC plug-in, which takes about 10 secs to install... Grab it here (http://www.thesongremains.com/utils/FLAC%20plugin%20for%20Nero6/nxmyfla_FLAC_FOR_NERO.zip)

unzip it and drop the dll into your nero/plugins folder while Nero is closed.

You can then drag and drop FLACs into Nero as if they were WAVs. It takes about 2 secs to read them.

I've been using it for 3 years with zero problems.

chewie420
2007-02-26, 08:31 PM
sweet, thanks both of you!

paddington
2007-02-27, 01:54 AM
:wook:

chewie420
2007-02-27, 08:55 AM
i'm trying the plugin for nero, but i can't find a plugin file anywhere in the program file. i have the main Ahead file, then inside that i have a bunch of different Nero files. maybe it goes in the one named just Nero? inside of that one are 2 files :CDI & Uninstall, and a bunch of loose dll files, etc...

chewie420
2007-02-27, 08:56 AM
well, i tried putting it in the plain NERO file and it still does the same thing...

saltman
2007-02-27, 09:08 AM
if you can't figure it out.... uninstall flac frontend. and reinstall it. It will put it in that folder mentioned above for you if you have nero installed.
It will also put the winamp plugin in there for you automatically if you have winamp installed.

http://mikewren.com/page.php?2

chewie420
2007-02-27, 09:18 AM
well, i figured out where to put it. now, i tried burning the files i had already converted with flac frontend and got the same "you need a dedicated plugin" message. so then, i went back to the un-converted files in my backup and tried to burn them so nero would decode them and it gives me a "error reading data" message. what the hell?

chewie420
2007-02-27, 09:25 AM
ok, i tried it your way, uninstalling and reinstalling flac with the same results...

chewie420
2007-02-27, 09:30 AM
i'm stumped. i tried it to burn a different show in flac and it worked. the show i'm having problems with checks out in flac, but it won't burn with nero in either flac or wav. has anyone else run into anything like this?

saltman
2007-02-27, 09:31 AM
i'm stumped. i tried it to burn a different show in flac and it worked. the show i'm having problems with checks out in flac, but it won't burn with nero in either flac or wav. has anyone else run into anything like this?nope never. maybe it's corrupted or something... and someone flac-ed up the corrupted files.

chewie420
2007-02-27, 09:43 AM
i actually have 2 different shows that do the same thing, a phil & friends from 06 and a sci from 05. got me...

paddington
2007-02-27, 10:02 AM
bad ram causes that. certain compression ratios won't decompress if they keep hitting the same bad spot in your ram bank. Others would.

Find a file that won't decode to WAV, using FLAC frontend, and post it so one of us can check it out.

chewie420
2007-02-28, 07:22 PM
well, i keep trying to upload one track in flac from the phil show i'm having this issue with, but it won't let me. any suggestions?

Festafarian
2007-03-01, 06:38 AM
i'll go ahead and chime in that switching from Nero to ONES is the best move i made on a PC :cool:

Gotta agree. Nero sucks. ONES is much better

paddington
2007-03-01, 10:51 AM

I don't think changing the buring software is going to help him with a bad FLAC file.

spiritinaphoto
2007-03-01, 05:06 PM
well, i keep trying to upload one track in flac from the phil show i'm having this issue with, but it won't let me. any suggestions?
It's probably too big to upload here (I think there is a limit). I recommend uploading the file to YouSendIt and posting the link here.

Spelunker
2007-03-01, 05:23 PM
It's probably too big to upload here (I think there is a limit). I recommend uploading the file to YouSendIt and posting the link here.
Yousendit sucks now. they've limited it and you have to register. Is there a better place oh great tech mod who powder can't handle?

spiritinaphoto
2007-03-01, 05:54 PM
Yousendit sucks now. they've limited it and you have to register. Is there a better place oh great tech mod who powder can't handle?
I preferred RapidShare until they changed it to paid hosting only.

Oh yeah, there's also Pando (http://www.pando.com/), which is actually a lightweight p2p program combined with server storage. Supports attachments up to 1GB (more for paid accounts), and I've heard it's pretty easy to use. Only drawback is that there isn't a Linux client (although the Windows client might run under Wine).

randytravis
2007-03-01, 08:39 PM

how big is the track? you can upload up to 500MB here:
http://flyupload.com/

Spelunker
2007-03-01, 10:25 PM
I preferred RapidShare until they changed it to paid hosting only.

Oh yeah, there's also Pando (http://www.pando.com/), which is actually a lightweight p2p program combined with server storage. Supports attachments up to 1GB (more for paid accounts), and I've heard it's pretty easy to use. Only drawback is that there isn't a Linux client (although the Windows client might run under Wine).
I'll check it out.

nibbles
2007-03-06, 02:16 AM
Chewie have you tried to decode the flacs you're having problems with to wave and then encode them to flac again then load the new flacs into Nero? There's always memtest86+ if you want to stress test your ram. What does shntool len have to say about the problem files? Any corrupt wave headers or extra info stored in them like Audition will do if you check the box to store optional info?

nibs

Scott
2007-03-06, 05:49 PM

If you type ONES into Google, you get about 290,000,000 listings for ONES, so could one of you geeks that are current on the latest cool technology attach a link so the rest of us uncool ones can check it out?

U2Lynne
2007-03-06, 05:51 PM
From Joe's sig:
http://shop.tx-software.com/boutique/liste_produits.cfm?type=7&code_lg=lg_us

chewie420
2007-03-07, 04:57 PM
i haven't tried anything else with it yet. i will try recoding it to flac and see what happens. as far as the shntool, etc... my knowledge only goes so far with that stuff. i've always just traded / downloaded, archived & decoded. i'll upload one or two tracks to that site tonght and post here when i do.

retired
2007-03-07, 07:14 PM
I don't think changing the buring software is going to help him with a bad FLAC file.
No it won't...

:thumbsup