PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVD HELP asap

Batstone
2007-02-15, 09:19 AM
ok, so i downloaded a torrent off this site... its VOB file, and i play it on my computer using VLC media player, and the file has menus and chapters and everything. When i burn the VOB files to a blank DVD and play it on a dvd player there is no start menu and theirs no chapters? anyway way to burn it with the menu and chapters? its really good so i want it to come out that way lol

U2Lynne
2007-02-15, 09:25 AM
What burning software are you using and what is the method you are currently using to burn it?

Batstone
2007-02-15, 09:33 AM
well ive tried like 3 different programs ot burn it.. right now im using Roxio 9?

Batstone
2007-02-15, 09:41 AM
ok.. im about throw my computer out the window lol.............. i watcehd the dvd i just created with no menus or chapters and the last like 2 min is cut off.. it jsut ends even tho i downloaded all of it and it fits on the dvd... AND i watched the video on my computer, and the VST_1_1 plays... but the rest of the fiels have no audio only video...................................... oh my

U2Lynne
2007-02-15, 09:43 AM
And when you go to burn, are you choosing to make a Video DVD or a Data DVD? What folders are you burning? And what is the content of the folders? I heard someone say when giving a title, it should be in all caps (I know I don't need to do that on my Mac, but I thought I would bring that up).

Batstone
2007-02-15, 09:53 AM
well thers one folder... hers wats in it

FOLDER = VIDEO_TS

md5 file
two files named Video_TS
two more files named VTS_01_0
then just VTS_01_1 and 2 and 3 and 4
and theres 2 BUP files

U2Lynne
2007-02-15, 10:01 AM
The VIDEO_TS folder should ONLY contain three types of files: BUP, IFO, and VOB files. Many people have three folders on their DVD:

AUDIO_TS - contains nothing
VIDEO_TS - contains the bup, ifo, and vob files
EXTRAS_TS - contains the text files, md5, artwork files

So, my guess is that it is the md5 in the folder which is causing the problems.

Festafarian
2007-02-16, 02:49 PM
yep, that's it.. I've done that before. Remove the md5 file and it should work

slewofboots
2007-02-16, 05:41 PM
md5 files are NOT part of the content (be it audio or video). Yet you usually find them in the folder containing the torrent you downloaded, right? They are there to verify (should you choose to do so) that what you downloaded is complete and accurate. I believe they are called checksums.