PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't it work?!

Brandon17
2007-02-13, 07:36 PM
i've so far burned to dvd's from this site and they only play on my computers and not my actual dvd player, what's the deal? anyone? anyone?

ohkeepa
2007-02-13, 07:37 PM
what burning program are you using?

Brandon17
2007-02-15, 06:07 AM
I'm using "cheetah dvd burner."

diggrd
2007-02-15, 07:52 AM
Some players are fussy, there may be proplems with MD5 files as well. Which shows did you burn?

U2Lynne
2007-02-15, 08:58 AM
I'm using "cheetah dvd burner."
From googling this, I don't think it burns video DVDs. I keep seeing it say this: "Burn audio, data, and ISO files Fast! " So, I'm guessing you are burning just plain data DVDs which will not play in a DVD player.

slewofboots
2007-02-16, 05:44 PM
Couldn't he "trick" it by burning a data DVD with the proper file structure (i.e. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders at the root of the disc)?

randytravis
2007-02-17, 04:49 AM
my guess is that you've downloaded a PAL dvd and your standalone dvd player can not handle that format.

which videos have you downloaded? what model number is your standalone dvd player?

U2Lynne
2007-02-17, 09:49 AM
Couldn't he "trick" it by burning a data DVD with the proper file structure (i.e. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders at the root of the disc)?
I'm not sure. I'm on a Mac and if I burn just a straight data DVD, it will not play in my DVD player. But if I select data and then the DVD-ROM (UDF) option, then I can burn a data disc with my three folders with no problems. I think the secret is the DVD-ROM (UDF) option. If he has that, then he can probably successfully burn a data DVD that will play in his computer and his DVD player.

diggrd
2007-02-17, 04:28 PM
http://www.cheetahburner.com/images/CheetahBurner_DVD_200.gif cheetah dvd does dvds

U2Lynne
2007-02-17, 04:39 PM
http://www.cheetahburner.com/images/CheetahBurner_DVD_200.gif cheetah dvd does dvds
Well then, we know he *should* be able to burn them. So, I guess my question back to him is exactly what is the process you are using to burn the DVDs. I'm thinking he is burning as a straight data disc which won't play in a DVD player. (Or, Randy had a good point that perhaps his DVD player doesn't play the type of DVD he downloaded.)

Brandon17
2007-02-19, 10:02 AM
I thought that if I got a program to burn video dvds, i could play them in a dvd player, I don't know maybe I was doing something wrong, next one i try I'll read more carefully. Who knows maybe I just over looked something, I appreciate the help guys, I'll let ya know what happens. :)

Brandon17
2007-02-19, 10:50 AM
Also, could someone maybe let me know which dvd-r discs have the most capacity and possibly where to find them, this dvd burning thing is totally new to me so I really don't know all that much, like which burner programs are best, which discs are best, what speeds to burn at, etc. Well thanks again!