PDA

View Full Version : um, moved file not showing in client

marmalade
2007-02-05, 07:13 AM
right, i downloaded a file (ten years after) but needed to move it elsewhere on computer. So, my question is, how can i put it back in my client so others can get it from me. I'm using utorrent as a client. tried their FAQ and got nowhere!! :mad:

anyone help, feel like a bad leech :(

marmalade

U2Lynne
2007-02-05, 09:45 AM
So, you moved the whole folder elsewhere on your computer and now you want to seed the show but utorrent doesn't know where the files are? I think you can right-click on the torrent, Advanced > Set Download Location and then browse to the new folder location and select it. Then it should verify the files and go into seed mode.

marmalade
2007-02-05, 06:22 PM
ah, major boo boo :redface:

the torrent isn't showing in my browser window cos i removed it :redface: :redface: :redface:

any suggestions gratefully received

peace, marmalade

U2Lynne
2007-02-05, 06:37 PM
Just download the torrent file again. Then, when you start it in utorrent, if it asks you where to save the files, point it to the new folder location.

cicada
2007-02-05, 06:51 PM
I think you can right-click on the torrent, Advanced > Set Download Location and then browse to the new folder location and select it. Then it should verify the files and go into seed mode.
I have uTorrent, but I have to add one step to the instructions from U2Lynne. After I do what she says, I also have to right click on the torrent and select "Force Recheck". Then I can hit the little green button at the top to "Start" seeding!

marmalade
2007-02-06, 03:57 AM
thanks for the reply cicada. Trouble is, i both moved the completed file, AND removed it from my utorrent browser window

so, how can i upload it to my utorrent window from it's new location, considering that i can't right click it as it's not there! Then, how can i rejoin the swarm for that torrent and help others to get it?

peace

AAR.oner
2007-02-06, 05:38 AM
first d/l the .torrent file again from the shows thread, the do what they said^^^

marmalade
2007-02-06, 05:49 AM
okidoki, thanks for the replies

peace

marmalade
2007-02-06, 07:50 PM
all good, thanks for your help in solving this :clap: