PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVD with Nero 6136

pnkflyd
2007-02-02, 03:14 PM
I have the PF 19700808 St Tropez torrent I DL'd from here. I'm using Japanese-made Fuji-film DVD-R media in an NEC-2510A dual-layer DVD with Nero Ultra Edition v6.1.36. I have 3 folders: "audio_ts" (empty); "video_ts" (vob, ifo, and bup); and "extra_ts" (jpg, md5, and txt). I select DVD compilation, insert vob bup and ifo into the video_ts folder, leave audio_ts empty, and insert the extra_ts folder. I then select 4X as my burning speed, select create compilation, then get a "video allocation" (or something similar) error...what am I doing wrong?

motleylil49
2007-02-02, 07:07 PM
you dont need the extra_ts on the DVD do you know that?

pnkflyd
2007-02-02, 07:31 PM
I do, but on the other hand, if I want to trade this DVD, I'd like that folder to be already on the DVD...and I DID try burning it w/o the extra_ts folder, same result...

pawel
2007-02-03, 09:42 AM
"Video allocation" error is usually not a problem at all for most SA players. Nero checks if files in the VIDEO_TS folder follow DVD standard. If not, Nero tries to correct info in *.ifo and *.bup files. When it fails, it displays error message you got.

I use Nero 7, but in 6 you should also have option to cancel the warning info and burn your DVD.

Except the above, you may have some file, i.e. temporally created by Windows, which cannot be in the VIDEO_TS folder - only: *.ifo, bup, vob.

You can burn any additional files but they need to be outside VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.

AAR.oner
2007-02-03, 11:13 AM
I do, but on the other hand, if I want to trade this DVD, I'd like that folder to be already on the DVD...and I DID try burning it w/o the extra_ts folder, same result...
keep the EXTRAS_TS folder, and all of its contents...as the above post states, thats not whats causing the problem, it usually has to do with the .ifo & .bup files...the bad thing with nero is that it'll re-write those files sometimes [when using "DVD-Video" mode], which will cause those paticular files to not check out when you run the md5...the video files [.vob] are not affected, so there is no decrease in quality, but its preferred to keep the trading pool free of multiple "versions"

i have to say ONES is the best PC burning prog i've found, but if you wanna use Nero, choose the "DVD-ROM (UDF)" mode, which should keep orig ifo/bup files intact [not 100% on this, but pretty sure]

Five
2007-02-03, 02:03 PM
burn as a data disc, not a video disc & put in the AUDIO_TS, EXTRAS_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. Do not put these inside another folder or any folders inside of them either. Also name the DVD all in caps. I have been doing this and it works great, plays on any DVD player except one very old (& fussy) Toshiba a friend of mine has.

In the "Checksums Demysified" link in my signature there's a bit about this (search "advanced").

I used to burn one disc to watch, one to trade but the EXTRAS_TS method is the best of both worlds. If your home DVD player is an old fussy one, just pick up one of those new cheapo ones for $25 and you're good to go.

pawel
2007-02-03, 07:49 PM
The problem with Nero is that video DVD burnt in ISO or UDF mode may not be recognised by some SA players. I had such issue with Sony and Panasonic players.

AAR.oner
2007-02-03, 09:32 PM
The problem with Nero is that video DVD burnt in ISO or UDF mode may not be recognised by some SA players. I had such issue with Sony and Panasonic players.
thankfully thats becoming less and less common...even my $27 cheapy from wally world will play em, as well as my "higher-end" deck

plus, if you trade shows or seed much, you really shouldn't be playing yer archive copy anyway ;)