PDA

View Full Version : video player software

ststephen65
2007-01-26, 03:59 PM
im looking to change software, currently i use power dvd. is there something better out there? im lookin freeware but if theres somethin that catches my eye i could be tempted to purchase, any ideas?

U2Lynne
2007-01-26, 04:02 PM
I'm on a Mac and I use VLC which is available from videolan.org . It's available for windows (and I think linux) also.

ststephen65
2007-01-26, 06:03 PM
ok, i installed this but i cant fig out how to play the dvds that are on my hard drive with it, before with pwr dvd i would click on the first file in the folder and it would just play, any suggestions?

xequence
2007-01-26, 06:05 PM
VLC does anything I need for video. I think ive used powerdvd before, I think it is just some bloated slow preinstalled dvd player that companies try to force onto people.

ok, i installed this but i cant fig out how to play the dvds that are on my hard drive with it, before with pwr dvd i would click on the first file in the folder and it would just play, any suggestions?

File - Open Directory (if they are in a video_ts folder)

Or if they are in an iso or similar disc image, just right click and click open with and choose VLC.

ststephen65
2007-01-26, 06:34 PM
ok ill try this

ststephen65
2007-01-26, 06:47 PM
VLC does anything I need for video. I think ive used powerdvd before, I think it is just some bloated slow preinstalled dvd player that companies try to force onto people.

File - Open Directory (if they are in a video_ts folder)

Or if they are in an iso or similar disc image, just right click and click open with and choose VLC.

ahh thanks, works fine now.