PDA

View Full Version : Help and old dumb-ass

Jackstraw_1969
2007-01-24, 02:26 PM
What do I need to burn this to DVD?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=515231&postcount=10

U2Lynne
2007-01-24, 02:43 PM
Just to outline the problem..... the taper made this file way too big. The standard size for VOBs is just over 1 GB, this one is 2.66 GB.

Jack, I'm not sure how to solve this (I've been able to burn large files with Toast), so I'll let someone else take a stab at it.

sadu
2007-01-24, 02:57 PM
The error msg says it all. This error could be because of two problems.

1. You are trying to burn as data correct? I'm assuming because it said "ISO". If you switch the burning type to UDF it should be o.k. UDF is still a data disc.

2. You are using windows and the hard drive was formatted to FAT32 which cannot use files over 1024 megs (1 gig) check to see (right click on computer, select drive letter ex:c and right click -> properties it should say NTFS or FAT)

In the nero video wizard select video -> UDF data and you should be o.k. If you're burning this a a video dvd then let me know and I'll try to figure it out.

pawel
2007-01-24, 03:16 PM
Such big VOB file is non DVD standard, so no wonder that you get the error. I would be surprised if the file has not VOB structure but raw MPG.

Even if you are lucky to burn it in UDF mode, I'm not sure if DVD plays correctly on standalone player. If not, the torrent should be banned. :down:

Jackstraw_1969
2007-01-24, 03:25 PM
Even if you are lucky to burn it in UDF mode, I'm not sure if DVD plays correctly on standalone player. If not, the torrent should be banned. :down:

Yea, this is the problem. I tried UDF last night and my stand-alone won't play it.

I've been told on another forum to try VSO Convert X, so I'm off to search for that.....

pawel
2007-01-24, 05:46 PM
I've been told on another forum to try VSO Convert X, so I'm off to search for that.....

Be sure that the conversion doesn't rencode original file. I'd rather try to reauthor this DVD. TMPGEnc DVD Author or Mediachance DVD-lab PRO do not touch original stream, unlike sometimes Ulead and Adobe products.

U2Lynne
2007-01-24, 06:44 PM
Hey Jack, you might try to contact the seeder and let him know about this problem. If he still has the show on his computer, he may be able to redo it correctly. If you ask what software he uses to make the DVD, then someone may be able to tell him the correct settings to set to make the VOBs the correct size (ie DVD standard).

uncleholdout
2007-01-26, 08:34 AM
demux with DGIndex then reauthor.. i think that should work