PDA

View Full Version : weird torrent problem

dylanstubs
2007-01-21, 02:22 PM
Running uTorrent 1.6 under Windows XP. Can't seem to download from Dime, TTD, Zomb, Lossless Legs, etc., but I have no problem at all downloading from more "pirate" oriented sites like Demonoid or Mininova. This problem seems to have started very recently, as everyting used to be just fine. Share ratios all seem to be acceptable, ran Windows Update, Disk Cleanup, etc.

U2Lynne
2007-01-21, 02:27 PM
What exactly is happening? You download the torrent to your harddrive (right?) and then you double-click to start it in utorrent and ???? Do you get an error message? Does it just show 0 seeders/ 0 leechers? Does it show seeders and leechers but just not connect you to them? Are you using a standard port (6881)?

dylanstubs
2007-01-21, 04:37 PM
Using port 61209, and it's been that way for months with no difficulties. After downloading the torrent file, shows 0/0 seeds/leechers and tracker status says Updating and then finally Offline (timed out). As I mentioned, I have no problem downloading BitTorrents from less reputable sites :) but TTD times out, as does Dimeadozen.

dylanstubs
2007-01-21, 04:43 PM
UPDATE: Zomb Torrents works fine. I wonder if my ISP (RCN - Boston area) is blocking some sites.

dylanstubs
2007-01-21, 05:00 PM
UPDATE: Jerome's Place and bt.Etree.org time out, but shnflac.net works fine.

U2Lynne
2007-01-21, 05:17 PM
Have you tried turning encryption on and seeing if then you can connect?