PDA

View Full Version : Uploading shows dl'd from other torrent sites

taparoo
2007-01-13, 04:28 PM
(I couldn't find anything about this in the FAQ, sorry if i missed it.)

Is it okay to upload torrents I've downloaded from other torrent sites? I know uploading torrents from sites that you need a login/membership is a no-no...

U2Lynne
2007-01-13, 04:40 PM
There is no rule against it. However, you should always try to give credit where credit it due. Sometimes user will contact the original poster, sometimes just mention them in their thread, but if you do know who the original seeder is, it is nice to thank them (it isn't easy to put together the first seed). Also, make sure you include all the original information - the text file, the fingerprints, artwork. If the text file has to be corrected/edited for any reason, it's nice to do so at the end and simply say "Added by <you name>: I corrected the setlist/date/whatever because <reason>." It is also best to let the torrent die down a bit on the first site instead of grabbing it and immediately posting it on another site (in other words, let it runs it's course on the original site).

taparoo
2007-01-13, 04:59 PM
Cool. Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Five
2007-01-13, 05:38 PM
also please note that some stuff that is allowed at other sites is not allowed here (and vice-versa). Check the audio & video bit torrent seeding policies and "banned band" list before seeding.