PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify this mystery Phish jam?

AFox
2007-01-07, 11:19 PM
Hey folks,
While in the process of archiving all my SHN/FLAC's to DVD media, I came across a single SHN file that was obviously added as a 'bonus' or 'filler' that I'd like some help identifying.
It's a Phish track. It sounds like a soundcheck. The general theme is 'Attack on the Bass', a straight funk jam, with reference to Fishman drinking tequila, butt shaking, etc. The file was created on.... 4/20/00 (imagine that).
The whole file is under 50 megs, and I thought that maybe if there were any resident 'Phishtorians', they might be able to help me ID this track if they were able to listen to it.
My question is, would this be frowned upon if put up on the tracker, or does someone have a better suggestion?

Thanks for reading!
-Adam

Five
2007-01-07, 11:35 PM
I am fine with it if you want to share it as a mystery torrent for the experts to check out. Another way to go about it (which would most likely be my choice) would be to post the track to megaupload.com / rapidshare.com / yousendit.com or similar and post it here & on dedicated phish boards as a challenge to all the phisheads out there (and I know there are a lot of them!).

AFox
2007-01-08, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the tip Five. I've followed your suggestion, and am in the process of uploading to rapidshare now. I'm off to bed while that happens, and will post the challenge & link tomorrow.

AFox
2007-01-08, 06:49 AM
I have posted the track in question at Rapidshare.

Please, if you think you know your stuff, help me identify the date & venue of this (most likely a soundcheck).

http://rapidshare.com/files/10753339/phish-attackonthebass.shn.html

saltman
2007-01-08, 10:37 AM
March 1, 1997 sound check ?

AFox
2007-01-08, 05:26 PM
Is that just a guess, or is there any way to confirm that date?

saltman
2007-01-08, 05:41 PM
yes it's a guess

Saturday, March 1, 1997
Markthalle, Hamburg, Germany

Check: Attack on the Bass
Set I: Cities, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony, Down with Disease, Weigh, Beauty of My Dreams, Wolfman's Brother -> Jesus Just Left Chicago, Reba, Hello My Baby, Possum
Set II: Carini, Dinner and a Movie, Mike's Song -> Lawn Boy -> Weekapaug Groove, The Mango Song, Billy Breathes, Theme From the Bottom
Encore: Taste, Sweet Adeline
Show Notes: The week-long trend of breaking out songs continued with the show-opening Cities, which was the first since July 5, 1994 (222 shows), and Dinner and a Movie, which was the first since August 6, 1996 (59 shows). The jam out of Mike's featured teases of The End (which were also found in Weekapaug) and Careful with that Axe Eugene, as well as vocal quotes from The End. Possum included an All Fall Down Signal and a heavy metal-style intro. Wolfman's included a Dave's Energy Guide tease. Portions of this show were made available via the Slip, Stitch and Pass release.

AFox
2007-01-08, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the lead. I've been looking through the phish.net HPB, and was disappointed to find that they don't list soundchecks. Nor do I see this listed on any of the sources circulating on db.etree.org
But, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, or hard enough. I'm glad I posted my question here :)

inside'eye
2007-01-11, 02:34 AM
is it strawberry?