PDA

View Full Version : DVD Shrink 3.2

bullpinjohn
2006-12-10, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to rip a DVD to my PC, XP Home Ed.
I get a window that says 'DVD shrink encountered and cannot continue. Failed to read E:\
Copyright Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted. I used DVD Decrypter and it ripped it,
but the file was to big. So I deleted it and tried Dvd Shrink.

SallySimpson
2006-12-10, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure if you had ripped again the file you got with Decrypter with Shrink to reduce the size, it would have worked.
Do it again. Decrypter is used to "remove" the protection and some encoded/encrypted stuff, mainly, and Shrink is used to get a file which fits to be burnt with Nero normally.
You say you have deleted the file cos it was too large to be burnt normally, so rip the original one again with Decrypter, then resize it with Shrink, you won't get any more the error when reading due to the protection. I hope...

bullpinjohn
2006-12-10, 07:20 PM
Thank You, Sally

bullpinjohn
2006-12-10, 08:22 PM
Dvd Shrink said it could not find the file.

berndawg84
2006-12-10, 08:25 PM
If you've decrypted the DVD, choose "Open Files" in DVD Shrink.

From there find the folder where you decrypted the DVD. Let's say the parent folder is called "Hendrix Boot"

Just select "Hendrix Boot" and then DVD Shrink should open the folder and analyze it. If that doesn't work, go to the subfolder, like VIDEO_TS and then try that.

bullpinjohn
2006-12-10, 09:44 PM
I've done all that.

SallySimpson
2006-12-11, 09:03 AM
After ripping the stuff with Decrypter the files you got have to be in the directory for outgoing you had selected on Decrypter.
First of all look at there in your comp, I guess it will be a folder called VIDEO_TS, or called "Hendrix Boot", or whatever, with the subfolders VIDEO and AUDIO, (or maybe only VIDEO? (I haven't ever used decrypter), and the VOB files, and IFO etc. will be there.
Then, by clicking "Open Files" with Shrink, just browse and select the folder called Hendrix... or whatever.
If the stuff (as VOB files and so) is in your comp, Shrink will find it, open and do its work.
Hope it helps.
(Oh, sorry for my English...)

bullpinjohn
2006-12-11, 07:24 PM
Thank You

overlordprod
2006-12-13, 10:59 AM
This may be a stupid question, but....

Is the dvd your ripping a store bought DVD? If so, check if it's a Sony disc. They started using a new copy protection system. The error your getting is what I got doing a Sony disc. If it's not Sony. It's possible that the navigation on the dvd is corrupt.

bullpinjohn
2006-12-17, 07:16 PM
It's a Disney Pixar.

diggrd
2006-12-18, 02:21 AM
Some copy protection schemes will create a gigantic file full of BS when using decrypter or shrink I found another program (http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DECRYPTER) that worked.

This link discusses more involved methods using decrypter http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/255980

bullpinjohn
2006-12-18, 10:29 PM
Thanks, I'll try it when I have some free time.