PDA

View Full Version : Download speed goes to 0, then back up

berndawg84
2006-11-22, 01:37 AM
I've been having problems recently with my torrent downloads (this happens with torrents from both DAD and TTD)

Everything will be downloading fine, then all of a sudden everything I'm downloading and uploading suddenly freezes and goes to 0kb/s. Yes, everything stops at the same time, from DAD and TTD trackers. Then after about 30 seconds they'll start up again, go for a few minutes, then stop and start again. Many times though it will stop, start again, then be fine for quite awhile. I'm currently on a different net connection than my normal one so that may be it, but it's curious that all torrents, regardless of tracker, stop at the same time. I am indeed firewalled right now (been trying to get around it with no avail) so I'm guessing that may be my problem. Any other ideas?

TheMamba
2006-11-22, 08:43 AM
I'm currently on a different net connection than my normal one so that may be it

That's probably it. Since it's happening to all torrents, regardless of which tracker, it's something on your end.

Check the settings in your BT client or your internet connection situation.

U2Lynne
2006-11-22, 09:55 AM
You may want to try restarting your router (pull the power and internet for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in) and see if that helps. Have you gotten a new router lately?