PDA

View Full Version : Why is my ratio so sh*tty?

CGriswald309B
2006-11-07, 06:57 AM
Hello all. I used this site years ago, but since I left the states I 2003 I rarely got the chance to visit TD. Anyway, I've recently joined back up but as you can see my DL/UL ratio is horrible. I leave my windows open all the time, but it doesn't seem to help. I use another site for videos and I never seem to have this problem. Can anyone tell me what I need to do/configure to get things sorted? Many thanks in advance.

U2Lynne
2006-11-07, 09:44 AM
Well, a couple of things..... we've only been around for less than two years, so you definitely weren't visiting us back in 2003. :cool:

As for your ratio being shitty, it looks like you've only downloaded one show. You only have 1 GB of download. So, you probably just haven't had a chance to keep that window open for long. I'm not sure what show you downloaded, but if it has a bunch of leechers, then if you leave your window open, people should download from you. Also, you may want to make sure you aren't firewalled so that you can connect to the maximum amount of peers (if you are firewalled, you may only connect with non-firewalled people). You can doa NAT check here: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

CGriswald309B
2006-11-11, 09:32 PM
Thanks man. I must have confused this with another site...maybe it was Dime I was thinking of. I'll definitely check out that link.