PDA

View Full Version : Disc Copying

drumzspace
2006-10-24, 03:29 PM
Can anyone recommend a good freeware to make exact copy's of a DVD or CD I've downloaded and burned myself? I've been using Sonic RecordNow but it does not seem to be working. I know my DVD/CD writer is ok because I'm able to burn using ImgBurn and Feurio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

U2Lynne
2006-10-24, 03:45 PM
For copying DVDs, make an md5 checksum of the contents of VIDEO_TS folder, then just drag/drop the VIDEO_TS folder onto your harddrive and then verify the contents using the md5 checksums that you created at the beginning. For copying a CD, you want to use EAC. I think there is a link in the Free Software section of the FAQ, or else Five will come along and there is a link in his signature (or you can google "Exact Audio Copy").

drumzspace
2006-10-24, 04:04 PM
For copying DVDs, make an md5 checksum of the contents of VIDEO_TS folder, then just drag/drop the VIDEO_TS folder onto your harddrive and then verify the contents using the md5 checksums that you created at the beginning. For copying a CD, you want to use EAC. I think there is a link in the Free Software section of the FAQ, or else Five will come along and there is a link in his signature (or you can google "Exact Audio Copy").
Not sure I explained correctly. So ..... if I have a DVD I downloaded here and burned using DVD Shrink to make an ISO image, I have to get to the VIDEO_TS folder using Explorer and then generate the md5 checksum? Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

TheMamba
2006-10-24, 06:49 PM
Not sure I explained correctly. So ..... if I have a DVD I downloaded here and burned using DVD Shrink to make an ISO image, I have to get to the VIDEO_TS folder using Explorer and then generate the md5 checksum? Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

Yup. :thumbsup

retired
2006-10-24, 06:58 PM
If you're on a PC...get ONES :thumbsup

To burn a downloaded dvd: hit "record VIDEO_TS", find the 'VIDEO_TS' folder that you downloaded, add it, hit record.

To copy a disc you've alredy burned: Insert master disc, hit "disc copy", hit record...when it spits the door open, insert blank, close, successful burn.

Yes, it really is that easy.

drumzspace
2006-10-27, 10:40 AM
Good Stuff. Thanks!