PDA

View Full Version : Can't download torrents for some reason

DCbmx 17
2006-10-23, 04:48 PM
Alright I got a bunch of Jimi Hendrix torrents from here, downloaded them and opened it with Utorrent to download it but none of them worked, I tried a Traffic concert and it took two days but it finally worked. I have a firewall but I turned it off and nothing is happening still. Am I doing something wrong? Or do i need a new torrent downloader.

U2Lynne
2006-10-23, 06:56 PM
You are still firewalled and you are also trying to download five torrents at a time. Both of those things can cause you problems. Go to portforward.com and forward your ports and then try only downloading one or two torrents at a time until you understand the best settings for your system.

DCbmx 17
2006-10-24, 02:24 PM
Well I don't have a router, I'm actually at college so I dont think that port forwading thing would work? None of the stuff they had applied to me. I stopped all the torrents and just tried one that was just recently put up and it's not working so I don't know I guess i'll let it sit for a while.

U2Lynne
2006-10-24, 02:46 PM
Ah.... at college, like this poor guy here (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28127). Your university most likely blocks all the ports (and only opens ones it thinks are necessary) and probably limits the up and down speeds for you also. I don't think there is anything you can do about it except only get on torrents where there are a bunch of unfirewalled people and hope for the best.