PDA

View Full Version : Compilation DVD on MAC?

danno
2006-10-23, 10:16 AM
Hey Gang.
Does anyone have any suggestions for software/methods to make a video compilation ( strictly for personal consumption)? I've been searching about, and not having much luck.
----thanks

U2Lynne
2006-10-23, 10:20 AM
Hopefully Aaron will come along and have some good suggestions.

Have you tried playing with iMovie or iDVD yet?

AAR.oner
2006-10-24, 05:50 AM
you can demux the vob files, then export as avi, dv, or whatever file format you prefer to use for yer video editing prog [MPEGStreamclip]:
http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

after demuxing, its just like any other video editing proj...you'll assemble the clips you wanna use in yer video editor, then author using yer DVD authoring prog

danno
2006-10-25, 09:10 AM
Master....Grasshopper gives thanks...Sometimes a nudge ( with determination and time) is all it takes!!!
Cheers :vino:

Branston
2006-10-26, 08:50 AM
I have a related question, if anyone can help out:

I have two seperate DVDs of highlights of the Gods of Metal festival, which I recorded directly to my stand alone DVD recorder from Italian MTV in 2004 and 2006. Each show was about only fifteen minutes long, so I decided to put the two of them on one single disk.

I made myself a single disk by dragging both VIDEO-TS folders into Toast 7 and burning a new DVD using the DVD-Video: My DVD option. I had to make a new menu of course, but other than that it was simplicity itself.

Here's my question - by doing that, have I compromised the quality of the footage in any way? It looks fine to me, and Toast didn't tell me it was re-encoding to VOB files, just "multiplexing" before burning my disk. No idea what that means.. :hmm:

Thanks in advance for any wise words coming my way...