PDA

View Full Version : Re-activating an inactive torrent?

Vic
2005-01-20, 05:32 PM
I've got a few people who want that Black Sabbath Hara Arena 1972 show that was seeded here a while ago, but I see now that it's being rejected by the tracker and the thread is in the inactive torrent forum. What does one need to do to re-activate this. My client has the torrent running, it just needs tracker authorization, I think...

I'm sorry if this is somewhere in the FAQ, but I went to all of the places I thought were relevant and couldn't find this issue addressed.

TheMamba
2005-01-20, 06:35 PM
I believe someone will need to reseed it. i.e. repost and create a whole new thread on the forum/tracker.

New Homebrew
2005-01-20, 06:36 PM
I believe someone will need to reseed it. i.e. repost and create a whole new thread on the forum/tracker.

You were so wasted when you wrote that, bro!

TheMamba
2005-01-20, 06:42 PM
You were so wasted when you wrote that, bro!

:roflol: :wave:

U2Lynne
2005-01-20, 06:49 PM
Reupload the torrent to the tracker by creating a New Thread. There is a checkbox for if it is a Reseed and a place to put the url of the torrent thread you are reseeding. Just basically copy/paste all of the info from the original thread into the new thread.

Five
2005-01-20, 06:50 PM
this is correct. you can reseed it if you wish, let me know if you need help.

Vic
2005-01-20, 09:12 PM
Sounds easy enough. Thanks for the help.

mgwfall
2006-07-03, 03:32 AM
Reupload the torrent to the tracker by creating a New Thread. There is a checkbox for if it is a Reseed and a place to put the url of the torrent thread you are reseeding. Just basically copy/paste all of the info from the original thread into the new thread.

Does this work if I have changed the name of the folder from the original download?

U2Lynne
2006-07-03, 10:17 AM
Does this work if I have changed the name of the folder from the original download?
Well, you need to make a new torrent. So, you will be selecting the folder, whatever it is named, and making the torrent from that. Then you will be creating a new thread when you are uploading the new torrent to the tracker. So, it doesn't matter what the folder is called. If you want others who had previously downloaded the show to help seed, then in your thread, simply tell people to rename the folder from "Folder A" to the name you called it, "Folder B" and then they can help out.