PDA

View Full Version : Azureus.... dedicated problem thread????

A New Face In Hell
2006-10-18, 04:43 PM
Dedicatred thread fer AZ if required, since I don't seem to be the only one with funny things happening ;)

Any help available?
If so, thanks in advance! :thumbsup

Everything going alright until now, but suddenly have red faces on every dll with an error msg reading
?? in swarm(scrape error:VBTT 3.0: invalid info_hash value!)

Bizarre msgWhich somehow relates to a lack of seeders even though there are tonnes on the thread(s) :hmm:

Any ideas? Appreciated if so! I enk you :)

SRVRules
2006-10-18, 06:06 PM
You might consider switching to utorrent.

It's not Java based and has a much smaller footprint--like 1/10th or less the amount of memory required to run it. Similar interface to Azureus. I made the switch about 8 months ago and haven't looked back.

paddington
2006-10-18, 06:37 PM
utorrent 1.6 or better is da bomb.com , yo - for shizzle, etc
just dump azureass.

U2Lynne
2006-10-18, 06:41 PM
You might want to ask on the site you are getting the error on cuz VBTT 3.0 is a beta version of a vbulletin/torrent trader tracker that we do not use. So, I am guessing this is info that the site would want to know so they can give feedback to the VBTT distributors. (Not that I don't want to help, but since it is beta and we aren't using it, I don't know how to help with that error.)

paddington
2006-10-18, 07:13 PM
^^^ you are the shit. I was thinking today how dedicated you are to running this site and keeping abreast of what goes on in the world of tracker / bb coding..

I was going to post a thread about it but I thought it might perceived as insincere and brown nosing... so i won't post about it ;)

A New Face In Hell
2006-10-19, 04:24 AM
Well that all sounds pretty fair ;) :cool: cheers!

toolmanwill
2006-10-31, 02:25 PM
I'm the developer of VBTT, If you need support with any versions of VBTT I have support forums at www.torrenttrader.org for each version (VBTT 1, 2 & 3)

daliscar55
2006-11-15, 04:45 AM
i'd just like to know what it means in azureus when you get the torrent queued? is there an easier way to bump start the file? i currently have to remove the torrent file and re-up into the client where in the share ratio disappears and the tracker has no indication of how much has been uploaded. is there an easier way? am i missing the obvoius?

arturo2006
2006-11-15, 06:43 AM
I'm striving to upload a good J.Browne torrent nbut till now unsuccesfully.
pls, help
Torrent created via Make_Torrent V2.1
announce http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php done.
What more I need to do ?
arturo

U2Lynne
2006-11-15, 10:00 AM
i'd just like to know what it means in azureus when you get the torrent queued? is there an easier way to bump start the file? i currently have to remove the torrent file and re-up into the client where in the share ratio disappears and the tracker has no indication of how much has been uploaded. is there an easier way? am i missing the obvoius?
You can always click on the torrent and then right-click Force Start. In the options tab, near the bottom is Queue > Seeding and three categories under there. You can play with those setting or just turn queuing off there if you don't want to use it.

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 10:41 AM
I'm trying to restart a show I DL'd a bit ago. I had removed it from the Azureus window. Never changed anyhing from the original DL file, its in the same place it was DL'd to and when I added it back to the client window it shows it as a DL.I know its done I already converted it and burned it.I had asked Azureus for seeding first position....... what gives?

U2Lynne
2007-01-14, 11:18 AM
I don't see you on any torrent right now as either a seeder or a leecher. Perhaps you need to do a Force Start.

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 11:30 AM
It's a torrent from another site. Sorry I didnt mention that before.I came here to ask the question because you always have the best Azureus knowledge Lynne.and BTW I did try to do a force restart and it still went to DL instead of seeding

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 11:31 AM
It just seems strang that it found the torrent info and didnt see the rest of it. its all in the same folder

U2Lynne
2007-01-14, 11:41 AM
If you go to right-click > Show in Finder, is it pointed to the correct set of files?

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 12:03 PM
Yes it does. goes right to the folder. and like I said earlier I know its there I converted it and copied it to Itunes. I was listening to it earlier and I also burned it to a disc.. so it doesnt make any sense to me that it wouldnt see it as a complete DL

U2Lynne
2007-01-14, 12:07 PM
Is it seeing it as partially complete? If you take a look at the Files tab for the show, does it show the flacs/shns/whatever as 100% complete? Or as 0%?

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 12:13 PM
its showing 0 . I dont get it ? the files are right there I have changed nothing in the original DL files at all

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 12:27 PM
Sorry to waste your time Lynne. something must have happened to the files. I tried to checksum with Xact and it found errors. So something is wrong with them . guess Ill have to DL it again I guess

U2Lynne
2007-01-14, 12:29 PM
Hmmm, that's too bad. I wonder what could have happened. :hmm:

searchinforthesound
2007-01-14, 12:40 PM
have no idea myself havent touched it since I DL'd it but oh well whata ya gonna do. Thanks so much or all your input Lynne. I appreciate it very much :clap: :)

searchinforthesound
2007-01-24, 05:42 PM
So Azureus works without a prob for months. today out of the blue Im firewalled? checked forwarded ports , same as yesterday, all good, checked the firewall on my mac is still disabled. it is . changed the forwarded ports with the router. ????????? Im lost now. would anyone please help?

U2Lynne
2007-01-24, 06:46 PM
You and me, both, searchinforthesound. I woke up this morning and was suddenly firewalled too. I think the last time this happened, I had to actually reset the modem. I'm gonna tackle this problem tomorrow and I'll post what I had to do (or if it just all magically corrected itself :) ).

editied to add: I had Azureus closed all day for other reasons. I just started it up and guess what? I did a NAT test and it tested out OK, so I started a couple torrents and all is fine with them right now.

searchinforthesound
2007-01-24, 07:39 PM
Thanks so much for ALL your help Lynne.Im still firewalled but maybe it will be ok tomorrow. I had the same thought with the router. thats why I checked the ports forwarded, which they seemed to be ok, but I changed to a different port anyway. gotta be Azureus on the freak for a spell.And by the way ,you must be the Azureus genius cuze anyone with this client seems to always come to you.Anyway THANKS :wave: :)

U2Lynne
2007-01-24, 10:37 PM
Try reseting the modem, not the router. I seem to recall that that is what I had to do last time.

chewie420
2007-01-24, 11:01 PM
hello, i have some azureus issues. the main one is that for a week or two i've had some issues downloading and seeding. right now the 2 shows i'm downloading have little yelloy faces. sometimes it says i'm connected, and that there is seeds, but i don't show and progress. the same thing happens sometimes when i'm seeding. it shows me a seed, sometimes the only one, and it says i'm connected, but again, no progress. any ideas?

Audioarchivist
2007-01-25, 01:48 AM
Azureus was acting wierd for me, too, today.
I was having connection error - missing hash or something, and timeouts, but it kept downloading what I was wanting...
it seened to clear up on it's own after a while, but scared me.
I wonder if there's a new bug in the program they need to fix and upgrade for us all?

U2Lynne
2007-01-25, 05:48 PM
I wonder if there's a new bug in the program they need to fix and upgrade for us all?
Boy did you call that right! I just had the little notice pop up saying I should upgrade to 2.5.0.4. :)

What's new in 2.5.0.4
2.5.0.4 is a maintenance release to fix up a few minor, but relatively annoying problems with 2.5.0.2.

searchinforthesound
2007-01-25, 06:01 PM
I go the 2.5.0.4 upgrade thing today to. unfortunately it did nothing to correct the firewalled prob. but it's still UPL'ding and DLing.

Audioarchivist
2007-01-25, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I just KNEW it!

Wow, I'm psychic or something...
...or is that psycHOTic!??!!??

Just did the upgrade download automatically.

Hope it works better. I have problems with Azureus crashing - making my computer either totally sieze up, or spontaneously restart/reset itself...

At least I am not having firewall problems like I thought I'd have...

:tunes:

searchinforthesound
2007-01-26, 07:37 PM
Finally figured out my FIREWALLED issue.......... seems airport wasnt playing nice with the router, but its all good now

Audioarchivist
2007-01-27, 01:58 AM
...and another Azureus update. I thought it was still acting kinda wonky...
:tunes:

scarface5011
2007-01-27, 08:07 AM
here's a good one: Does forwarding specific ports that peers are using increase my dl speed? I am not dl'ing from a few peers that I wish I was right now, and can't figure out why. In fact, I've always wanted to know why I can't connect to some people who aren't firewalled.

U2Lynne
2007-01-27, 11:29 AM
If you don't forward your ports, you can only connect to people who are NOT firewalled. If you do forward your ports, they you can connect to everyone.

You can't really choose who will connect with you, however other users may choose whether or not they wish to share with you. Some people will look at whether you are sharing with others and if you aren't, they may choke/block you from receiving anything from them.

Brian Griffin
2007-01-28, 12:30 PM
I seem to be having similar Azureus issues over the last few days. My problem started AFTER I upgraded to 2.5.0.4. I am suddenly Firewalled even though I haven't changed my port settings.

The weird thing is that I am now Firewalled on another site(Dime), but everything seems to be ok here on TTD. On Dime I get a constant Yellow smiley, and a red Firewall sign, and here on TTD it's Green smilies all the way. If I was truly Firewalled wouldn't it apply everywhere?

When I do the Tools-NAT/Firewall test on my port number it says OK! So what's up with that? I've never had Firewall problems, and I've always only used the default port that Azureus picked for me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

U2Lynne
2007-01-28, 12:50 PM
Does the peer list at DIME list you as firewalled (port number in red)? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. The smilies in Azureus can mean all sorts of things and don't always indicate whether you are firewalled or not. Sometimes you need to just give the tracker enough time to connect you to a bunch of other peers and get everything working. I don't think, if you are using the same port, that you can be firewalled at one site and not the other.

Brian Griffin
2007-01-28, 01:19 PM
Does the peer list at DIME list you as firewalled (port number in red)? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. The smilies in Azureus can mean all sorts of things and don't always indicate whether you are firewalled or not. Sometimes you need to just give the tracker enough time to connect you to a bunch of other peers and get everything working. I don't think, if you are using the same port, that you can be firewalled at one site and not the other.

Yes, the peer list at Dime does have my port number in Red. The message in my user account profile says.....

Reason: "protocol error 1"
Explanation: "no/erroneous BT client listening or misconfigured router"

It's been that way since Friday, and I've been on pretty much continuously since. I shut it down yesterday afternoon, and it was still like that when I started up again. I've dowloaded a couple of shows, and have been seeding, but I've always been firewalled. However, my DL & UL speeds have been pretty decent, but nobody is connecting to me on my peers list.

On the other hand everything has been great here at TTD. Guess I should just stay here! :D

Thanks for the response Lynn. I'll keep playing around with it. It's just really bugging me seeing that Firewall sign. Especially when my NAT test is telling me that everything is OK.

U2Lynne
2007-01-28, 01:36 PM
What I tell people here if they get told they are firewalled but they know they are not, is to stop all the torrents here and then wait a few seconds and then start them up a couple seconds apart. You may want to try that at DIME and see if it fixes the problem.

Brian Griffin
2007-01-28, 03:22 PM
What I tell people here if they get told they are firewalled but they know they are not, is to stop all the torrents here and then wait a few seconds and then start them up a couple seconds apart. You may want to try that at DIME and see if it fixes the problem.
Yes, I have stopped and then started the torrents a couple of times(sometimes because Azureus crashes), but my Dime port is always firewalled.

If I'm only running a Dime torrent then I am firewalled, with yellow smiley, and red numbers. I then add a TTD torrent, and it is green, but the Dime stays yellow with red port number....

In the past I have had my port number at TTD tell me I was firewalled when I knew I wasn't. And like you said, after stopping & starting a few times it would go away. :hmm: :wtf:

Thanks again Lynn.

Audioarchivist
2007-01-28, 05:50 PM
OK this is starting to p!ss me off...

I keep having crash after crash in the last couple days.

Win2000pro>Azureus... either computer siezes up or spontaneously restarts...

I like layout of Azureus and am used to it by now. Should I try a new torrent prog?

Is there a way to 'calm down' the thing? less peers or something?

It shuts down even with only 1 thing up/downing...

...then it will go for hours no prob other times. seems kinda random.

any ideas?

U2Lynne
2007-01-28, 06:39 PM
OK this is starting to p!ss me off...

I keep having crash after crash in the last couple days.

Win2000pro>Azureus... either computer siezes up or spontaneously restarts...

I like layout of Azureus and am used to it by now. Should I try a new torrent prog?

Is there a way to 'calm down' the thing? less peers or something?

It shuts down even with only 1 thing up/downing...

...then it will go for hours no prob other times. seems kinda random.

any ideas?
I once had problems like this and it turned out it was the router. We had a linksys. So, we got a new router, also a linksys, and had the same problem. Then we got a D-Link and I haven't had that problem since.

You may want to try a new program just to see if it really is Azurues. You may also want to look in their forums (http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=349817) and see if anyone else is reporting that sort of behavior.