PDA

View Full Version : Help in Seeding with Bit Tornado

mattdad
2005-01-19, 11:12 AM
I need some help from the experts. First as I mention above, I use
Bit Tornado.

I ran into something the other day when I tried to burn a copy from the FLAC files of a torrent seeded here, the Led Zeppelin 7/17/73 SBD/AUD matrix show. CD 1 and CD2 were OK, however CD 3 appeared to be corrupted somehow as I could only get the first two tracks (moby dick and heartbreaker) to extract. Whole Lotta Love and The Ocean would not extract whatsoever. My thought was to reopen the torrent and insert all the CD1 and CD2 flac files into the folder and then my thought was...I'd only have to D/L CD 3 and the artwork/info (also corrupted). However in trying this several different ways I always failed, getting an error message "permission denied." It seemed by putting the flac files from my DVD into the folder somehow stopped the torrent. Bottom line, is there a way to accomplish what I was trying to do? My other thought was if I wanted to help seed older shows I have removed from my hard drive onto DVD it would seem I would run into the same problem. Is this just a case of I just have to download the show again?

thanks, Matt :)

TheMamba
2005-01-19, 11:19 AM
Were you trying to put the files in the folders while the torrent was running?

In other word, have the torrent start up to set up the folder structure you need. STOP the torrent. Then put the FLAC files into the correct folders. Then restart the torrent.

I haven't used Tornado, but that's how I would do it with Azureus.

Not sure what the Permission Denied message is all about...

Five
2005-01-19, 11:22 AM
if you're getting the files from the dvd, you might to right-click and take off the "read-only" so that they'll work with your client.

is your client showing 100% when you point it to the original version of the show? you can check it with torrentstorm, too
http://www.audiophilia.net/torrentspy.htm

Five
2005-01-19, 11:23 AM
I posted in the lz thread before I saw this, too
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=52155#post52155

mattdad
2005-01-19, 12:56 PM
if you're getting the files from the dvd, you might to right-click and take off the "read-only" so that they'll work with your client.

is your client showing 100% when you point it to the original version of the show? you can check it with torrentstorm, too
http://www.audiophilia.net/torrentspy.htm

That was it the read only property of the FLAC files. I store all original FLAC/SHN on DVD and did not know until today that they stored as read only.
I shot up from 1% complete to 66%. Now here is another question for you guys. I was able to extract two songs off disc 3, Moby Dick and Heartbreaker.
I went ahead and encoded them into FLAC (level 8) and then stopped the torrent and copied them into the disc 3 folder. However, when I started up again, it didn't take well. It mentioned about a failed hash check but instead of redownloading it simply stopped. So the question I have is why. I'm guessing maybe he encoded them at a different level but since I don't have the info file I don't know what that is. If I have to re D/L these two tracks it is no problem but I just thought I would speed things up if I could encoded them and put them in the folder. Any thoughts?? Once again THANKS for your expertise guys!

U2Lynne
2005-01-19, 01:06 PM
Why are you extracting the two from CD3 instead of just grabbing the flac files for them?

It sounds like you may just have to start from scratch with CD3 if you don't have the original flac files. The text file for the show, however, is usually the same as that of the first post in the thread (or pretty darned close). So, if he bothered to mentioned which level he encoded the flac files to, it would be in that first post.

Five
2005-01-19, 03:50 PM
^^what she said

fatoldpig
2005-01-19, 05:23 PM
also, always test your flac & verify your shn files before you archive them.

bfrank
2005-01-19, 07:30 PM
Why are you extracting the two from CD3 instead of just grabbing the flac files for them?

It sounds like you may just have to start from scratch with CD3 if you don't have the original flac files. The text file for the show, however, is usually the same as that of the first post in the thread (or pretty darned close). So, if he bothered to mentioned which level he encoded the flac files to, it would be in that first post.I agreehttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage39/7.gif

U2Lynne
2005-01-19, 09:07 PM
also, always test your flac & verify your shn files before you archive them.
and after! ;)