PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burning Help!

coltrane74
2006-10-13, 09:35 AM
I've downloaded several DVD's off of here but they have no sound (or a visable audio file)

Any help would be appreciated! I just got a new computer and I finally have a DVD burner so I'm somewhat of a newbie...

Feel free to email me too at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

U2Lynne
2006-10-13, 09:57 AM
I would recommend playing them on your computer using VLC by videolan.org

What software do you have to burn the DVDs?

coltrane74
2006-10-13, 10:00 AM
I have been using VLC - still no sound. There's no AUDIO_TS file after I download off of here either.

I haven't actually gone to burning them yet, since they are being viewed with no sound on my desktop. When I do burn them, I will use Toast.

U2Lynne
2006-10-13, 10:14 AM
There is no AUDIO_TS folder because that folder is always empty. Some people burn their DVDs and put an empty AUDIO_TS folder in there because their older DVD player requires it. But, most people don't bother with it. When you use VLC, are you selecting the VIDEO_TS folder to play? or are you just selecting the VOBs? Is it *every* DVD that you've tried to play that has no audio?

Are you on a Mac (you said you would use Toast)? Here's a guide on how to burn a DVD using Toast on a Mac: http://u2lynne.sandsmuseum.com/burning.html#anchor9

TheMamba
2006-10-13, 10:14 AM
The Audio_TS folder should be created (and will be empty) by your burning program.

coltrane74
2006-10-13, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your help. Im at work so I can't try this. Yeah I am selecting the VIDEO_TS folder, and all of the torrents I have downloaded are coming up mute. I'm thinking of creating an empty AUDIO_TS folder and go from there - thanks again for all of your help!

retired
2006-10-13, 11:00 AM
If you're on a PC...use the link in my sig and get ONES to burn with

coltrane74
2006-10-13, 11:06 AM
thanks - on a mac though :(

U2Lynne
2006-10-13, 11:24 AM
Thanks for your help. Im at work so I can't try this. Yeah I am selecting the VIDEO_TS folder, and all of the torrents I have downloaded are coming up mute. I'm thinking of creating an empty AUDIO_TS folder and go from there - thanks again for all of your help!
Have you tried playing it with just your regular DVD Player (in Applications)? (You didn't accidentally hit Mute, did you?)

coltrane74
2006-10-13, 11:32 AM
hehe yeah i did try that and i muted, unmuted a bunch:)

im glad you asked though - would be a simple solution to this!

U2Lynne
2006-10-13, 01:28 PM
Well, I'm stumped at the moment over why every single DVD is without sound.

What version OS are you on? And are you using the latest version of VLC?