PDA

View Full Version : "best" program for upping from 44.1khz to 48khz ??

bonzobonham
2006-09-20, 11:52 PM
Any opinions on the best program for doing this job ??
Any really good free programs ??

paddington
2006-09-21, 12:34 AM
you've always acted like a complete asshole to me and just about everyone else here and elsewhere, so I won't tell you. :down:

jcrab66
2006-09-21, 12:36 AM
what do you mean by "upping" and why would you want to up sample from 44.1 to 48khz?

bonzobonham
2006-09-21, 12:58 AM
you've always acted like a complete asshole to me and just about everyone else here and elsewhere, so I won't tell you. :down:

:lol I wouldn't beleive anything you said anyway. And as far as asshole goes, look in the mirror to see a big ugly one lamesky.

bonzobonham
2006-09-21, 01:19 AM
what do you mean by "upping" and why would you want to up sample from 44.1 to 48khz?

I already have "Easy CD/DA Converter" and "dbpoweramp music converter", I was just looking for opinions on what people think is the best program.

pixiestix69
2006-09-21, 05:29 AM
why do that though? aint that like going from mp3 to wav? it wont get any better. anyway goldwave does it.

bonzobonham
2006-09-21, 08:55 AM
why do that though? aint that like going from mp3 to wav? it wont get any better. anyway goldwave does it.

Putting multiple CD's onto one DVD.
It is not like going from mp3 (lossy) to wav (not lossy). It is simply changing one lossless format to another for the sake of being able to burn 6 CD's+ onto 1 DVD in a listenable and lossless format.
You could put 2 entire 3 CD concerts onto 1 DVD and not have to change discs 5 times. If you are taking discs with you, imagine how much more music you can fit into your CD carry case.
I listen to my bootlegs at work all day, and it seems like the CD is always ending when I'm busy. It is much more convenient for me to pop in a DVD and listen to 6 CD's in a row without changing discs. It is easy to convert the files using one either program that I already have - and simply do not delete the original source files. Then burn your DVD and recycle bin the 48khz files once you are done. You then still have your original files for trading/archiving.
I will look into this goldwave program and compare it to the others I have been using. Thanks.

Five
2006-09-21, 12:36 PM
audacity.sourceforge.net

you have to go into preferences and set it to 16bit/48kHz

get Adobe Audition instead if you can afford it

edit: GoldWave is also excellent, I would choose it over audacity

bonzobonham
2006-09-21, 12:40 PM
audacity.sourceforge.net

you have to go into preferences and set it to 16bit/48kHz

get Adobe Audition instead if you can afford it

edit: GoldWave is also excellent, I would choose it over audacity

Thanks for your input Five. I will look into these (GoldWave & Adobe Audition).

diggrd
2006-09-24, 05:26 AM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=211495&postcount=4

this post had a link to a simple free drag and drop converter based on this guys code http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/