PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a thread is that?

emilovius
2006-09-07, 07:16 PM
Browsing through this wonderful site I found the
"Led Zeppelin 1973-05-14 New Orleans "Freezer's Revenge" (FLAC)" thread.
I really couldn't believe what I saw!
Thousands of posts full of insults and obscenities!
IMHO at least 15 people who participated with their posts there
should be permanently banned and thread closed imediately.
A shame, real shame!
Regards
Emil

freezer
2006-09-07, 07:51 PM
What you saw in that thread was either a nasty shock to your senses or you encountered a small slice of life. It is whatever you make of it.

That thread is a shame, but it's also a microcosm of the music trading world of the 21st century.

That it's a part of the music trading world of the 21st century is because there are so many new traders who think the world owes them something and that they MUST voice their opinion about it is only a fact of life.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody got one. Some people's just stink more than others.

Isn't it a great world when you are allowed to share your opinion also, Emil, whether it stinks or not.

That's my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

SpotTheLooney
2006-09-07, 07:57 PM
What you saw in that thread was either a nasty shock to your senses or you encountered a small slice of life. It is whatever you make of it.

That thread is a shame, but it's also a microcosm of the music trading world of the 21st century.

That it's a part of the music trading world of the 21st century is because there are so many new traders who think the world owes them something and that they MUST voice their opinion about it is only a fact of life.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody got one. Some people's just stink more than others.

Isn't it a great world when you are allowed to share your opinion also, Emil, whether it stinks or not.

That's my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.You are a TRUE poet Arthur...That almost brought a tear...

freezer
2006-09-07, 10:26 PM
Emil,

Meet Spot The Looney, TTD's resident troll.

He's the reason for the axiom "opinions are like assholes....everybody's got 'em...some people's stink more than others."

He's the reason that thread stinks so badly, and he's not to be trusted, in any way, shape, or form.

He's given nothing back to TTD except for his trolling activities.

Even the site owner told him off, yet he refuses to accept her explanation, instead focusing on his trolling activities.

rhinowing
2006-09-07, 11:24 PM
Browsing through this wonderful site I found the
"Led Zeppelin 1973-05-14 New Orleans "Freezer's Revenge" (FLAC)" thread.
I really couldn't believe what I saw!
Thousands of posts full of insults and obscenities!
IMHO at least 15 people who participated with their posts there
should be permanently banned and thread closed imediately.
A shame, real shame!
Regards
Emil
:lol :lol :lol :lol

emilovius
2006-09-08, 02:50 AM
"...What you saw in that thread was either a nasty shock to your senses or you encountered a small slice of life. It is whatever you make of it..."

Well, that's certainly not part of my life.

I see what's going on here.

Not participating, guys.
That's what I'm making of it
Have more interesting things to do.

Bye
Emil

P.S. Oh yes, about stealing recordings.
I think much worse about people who sit on recordings for decades.
The only thing they REALLY deserve is their "treasure"
being stolen from them.....
MHO!

A New Face In Hell
2006-09-08, 03:40 AM
Emil,

Meet Spot The Looney, TTD's resident troll.

He's the reason for the axiom "opinions are like assholes....everybody's got 'em...some people's stink more than others."

He's the reason that thread stinks so badly, and he's not to be trusted, in any way, shape, or form.

He's given nothing back to TTD except for his trolling activities.

Even the site owner told him off, yet he refuses to accept her explanation, instead focusing on his trolling activities.

Without getting too involved... why aint he been given the shove yet then?:hmm:

freezer
2006-09-08, 07:42 AM
Without getting too involved... why aint he been given the shove yet then?:hmm:

That's what I'd be interested in knowing also.....

freezer
2006-09-08, 07:50 AM
Well, that's certainly not part of my life.

I see what's going on here.

Not participating, guys.
That's what I'm making of it
Have more interesting things to do.

Bye
Emil

I see what's going on also....and that's IMHO.

Stick around, we were going to discuss traders who think they've the right to be 'hit and run' social critics next........

Oh well, if you have 'other' things to do.....then good luck in your life, Emil.

wackeymackey
2006-09-08, 09:14 AM
Hey Emil, I can't respond to you in a mature manner.

Roshambo
2006-09-08, 09:22 AM
I'm having a cup of LMAONADE instead :lmao:

Borlag
2006-09-21, 03:13 PM
All I saw in that thread was sellers and hoarders bad mouthing each others and everyone who happened to post in it, or even just browse the thread.

If there ever was anyone who thought about starting to collect Led Zeppelin, that's the thread that makes them decide against it instantly. I've traded and taped numerous bands and partisipated in several trading communities, and that seems to be the worst by far. :puke

freezer owns the undead
2006-09-21, 03:58 PM
All I saw in that thread was sellers and hoarders bad mouthing each others and everyone who happened to post in it, or even just browse the thread.

If there ever was anyone who thought about starting to collect Led Zeppelin, that's the thread that makes them decide against it instantly. I've traded and taped numerous bands and partisipated in several trading communities, and that seems to be the worst by far. :puke

Pretty cool rhetoric, except that it's coming from a guy with bad lineage on his list........ :wave: :lol

Borlag
2006-09-21, 04:06 PM
And this supposedly "bad lineage" on my list makes your conduct and the others conduct somehow better? Even now you're just continuing badmouthing people you don't even know.

Just like the threadstarter, I'm amazed that the bashing in that thread has been allowed to go that far

freezer
2006-09-21, 10:55 PM
And this supposedly "bad lineage" on my list makes your conduct and the others conduct somehow better? Even now you're just continuing badmouthing people you don't even know.

Just like the threadstarter, I'm amazed that the bashing in that thread has been allowed to go that far

Actually, I am amazed that thread has gone on so long , but I was ponting out that you also are living in a glass house.

Not being truthful about lineage is how that thread got off to such a good start.

And since I am the taper of the Areosmith show in question, "supposedly" is a such a poor choice for a word, on your part.

But I do understand, that you might believe that you were being "badmouthed" by having someone point out that the Emperor has no clothes.

:wave:

Borlag
2006-09-22, 12:29 AM
First of all, I have no idea what Aerosmith show you're referring to. Second of all, the lineage I have listed for the shows is the ones I know or have been informed of. If I've downloaded the show from a torrent, I've listed the lineage that was given on the torrent comments. If none has been given, I'm not going to invent one for it but instead I'm leaving it as "unknown". That's both for myself as a note that if a version with clear and known lineage shows up, I'll upgrade, and for others that if they care about lineage that much, they wont trade for it.

jcrab66
2006-09-22, 12:52 AM
First of all, I have no idea what Aerosmith show you're referring to.

i'm gonna take a wild stab at it and guess he's talking about the 7/26/75 show, ya know the one that has master tape > cdr > cdr as lineage....pleeeeeeez stop now borlag lest we have a 500 page thread in this forum :lol

Borlag
2006-09-22, 12:57 AM
Heh, I suppose it is possible that there's a extra "cdr" inserted in the lineage as I sometimes type those in the middle of the night, but usually I copy & paste everything to make sure that mistakes like that doesn't happen.

freezer
2006-09-22, 01:15 AM
And that my friend is just how that thread got to be the way it is.

There are elements of the trading communities that want to just argue.

There are no copies of that particular show in circulation with a verifiable lineage.

Borlag
2006-09-22, 01:19 AM
Just to be sure that I can fix the error on my site, are you talking about the Aerosmith or the Led Zeppelin show on the above post?

shopkin
2006-09-22, 11:26 AM
What kind of a thread is that?

:lol ya, come on over to the lounge........
:wave:

freezer
2006-09-23, 01:44 PM
i'm gonna take a wild stab at it and guess he's talking about the 7/26/75 show, ya know the one that has master tape > cdr > cdr as lineage....

jcrab is correct

Aerosmith 7/26/75 master tape>???>???>???>??? > unknown gen bootleg>cdr > cdr (bootleg is an incomplete show)

Hope that helps you....and now you just might see why that thread is almost up to 500 pages....too many "good" traders foisting off bad lineage........

Borlag
2006-09-23, 02:52 PM
Based on what's being said on that thread in the last couple of pages, it doesn't even seem to be about lineage anymore, if that's what it was about in the first place.

Anyway, the error on my site is now fixed. The way I see it, if I download something where the lineage is said to be something, that's what I'll write down unless the taper of the said show says otherwise.

freezer
2006-09-23, 09:30 PM
Based on what's being said on that thread in the last couple of pages, it doesn't even seem to be about lineage anymore, if that's what it was about in the first place.

Anyway, the error on my site is now fixed. The way I see it, if I download something where the lineage is said to be something, that's what I'll write down unless the taper of the said show says otherwise.

Well, I did post the correction in the thread where you picked up that recording, but the seeder refused to acknowledge that he was wrong. So you get a version that came from an unverifiable boot, and you get to thank that seeder for an incomplete boot on your list.

And Dad does have a large amount of seeders who are quite happy calling bootlegs "masters" whether they know correct lineage or not...or care if they share incorrect lineage.....at least that's been my experience, watching some of my masters shared here that later turn up elsewhere.

And yes, "that" thread has gotten way out of hand, but if you notice, the thread was recently invaded by DaD regulars who are trolling and trying to pump out as much disgusting content to get it shut down, so they can get their own petty way. More than one of these new invaders don't share, they never taped, and they're only here to troll.

"That" thread looks like what a Led Zeppelin thread at DaD used to look like before these trolls arrived at TTD.

Go over to DaD and look at a handful of older Led Zeppelin threads.

Try this link for a start...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=82530&page=0#startcomments

The newer LZ threads at DaD are not like those older threads there since the DaD LZ trolls are over at TTD now in "that" thread.

myth
2006-09-23, 10:38 PM
Borlag... pay no atttention to freezer. He'll make you think he's being serious about things but it's really all just lies. Ask anybody who's been around here long enough. He's not to be taken seriously... ever. :lol:

Btw, Borlag, are you the same Borlag from the Dream Theater forums? If so what's going on? I haven't been over there to check that place out in a while. Things still going good?

Borlag
2006-09-24, 03:39 AM
Heh yes I'm the same guy. And depending on how you look at it, things around there are pretty good. With the releasing of the new live CD/DVD packages, there's a bit more moderating to do than before but other than that it's still about the same as before.

freezer
2006-09-24, 09:17 AM
See. that troll, myth, made it over here. You'll notice that he's trolling this thread now.

He's only at TTD to cause trouble. He's admitted such in "that" thread.

He's shared nothing on this site but his anger and foul mouth.

This site will become peaceful again as soon as myth, starlifter and Mt. X....the three trolls in "that" thread ....are banned.

bonzobonham
2006-09-24, 09:36 AM
Borlag... I make you think I'm being serious about things but it's really all just lies. I'm not to be taken seriously... ever. :lol:

Btw, Borlag, are you the same Borlag from the Dream Theater forums? If so what's going on? I haven't been trolling over there to ruin that place for everyone in a while. Things still going good since I haven't shown my ugly mug?

A quick fix to capture the true spirit of myth.

myth
2006-09-24, 02:40 PM
See. that troll, myth, made it over here. You'll notice that he's trolling this thread now.

He's only at TTD to cause trouble. He's admitted such in "that" thread.

He's shared nothing on this site but his anger and foul mouth.

This site will become peaceful again as soon as myth, starlifter and Mt. X....the three trolls in "that" thread ....are banned.

See what I mean Borlag...? :lol

Hang around this looney bin long enough and you'll begin to see who the real people are as opposed to those who have an agenda they need to get across. ;)

Freezer and bonzo are the epitomy of the term "bottom of the barrel" here.

Borlag
2006-09-24, 02:51 PM
Somehow I have a feeling that if I keep checking on that Led Zep thread, that I'll think that all of you are either insane, or then your idea of fun is to insult each others all day long, which admittely can occasionally be fun. Only problem with that is that it basically requires some creativity, same insults day after day and post after post do become repetitive... :lol:

freezer
2006-09-24, 03:01 PM
Somehow I have a feeling that if I keep checking on that Led Zep thread, that I'll think that all of you are either insane, or then your idea of fun is to insult each others all day long, which admittely can occasionally be fun. Only problem with that is that it basically requires some creativity, same insults day after day and post after post do become repetitive... :lol:

Well, join in, and see if myth doesn't prove you right.

He's on;y at TTD to troll....that thread is a show I recorded 33 years ago, and the guys slinging the worst repetitive drek are the trolls I mentioned.

You'd think they'd just snatch the show and thank the taper, but nooooo....

Borlag
2006-09-24, 03:05 PM
Come on, do you really think that your "I taped the mighty zep and you didn't even see the band, and wont buwahahaha" post are that different? Or the name calling that you post yourself? If you call the others trolls, then you're doing the exact same thing yourself by baiting them.

The only way that can stop is if one side stops it entirely

freezer
2006-09-24, 03:15 PM
Yes, I do....these guys are posting repeatedly in a thread dedicated to one particular show....Do you think they were sent invitations? Do you join in a thread and attack the taper?

It almost stopped until the arrival of myth and his friend starlifter and Mr. X.

That's when it really broke loose....and I still invite you in to post just what you posted above.

Maybe myth will listen to you, he seems to know you from some other site where he hasn't been banned from yet.

Maybe you can be the voice of reason, what do you think?

Borlag
2006-09-24, 03:19 PM
I don't know him from that other site, but I believe absolutely everyone who's used it in the recent years knows me, I'm one of the most active operators there. Not even sure if he has the same nick there as he does here.

And again, all that it takes to stop the insults flying left and right is one side of the argument to stop it entirely. If you're not up for it, and they're not up for it, then I suppose it wont stop at all. I don't see how someone completely out of that argument could end it at all. Atleast not unless that person is one of this sites administrators or moderators.

myth
2006-09-24, 06:45 PM
Come on, do you really think that your "I taped the mighty zep and you didn't even see the band, and wont buwahahaha" post are that different? Or the name calling that you post yourself? If you call the others trolls, then you're doing the exact same thing yourself by baiting them.

:clap:

Heh... I don't go by 'myth' over at the DT forums. And I know that if this type of exchange were to take place there it would have been deleted a long time ago. :lol:

And, yes, everyone knows who Borlag is at the DT forums. He's the signature shrinking moderator... ;) ;) ;)

freezer
2006-09-24, 07:39 PM
Heh... I don't go by 'myth' over at the DT forums. And I know that if this type of exchange were to take place there it would have been deleted a long time ago. :lol:

But you have no problem coming to another site and perpetuating the same behavior you claim to dislike?

:down:

myth
2006-09-24, 07:52 PM
Seriously man... shut up already. :rolleyes:

freezer
2006-09-24, 07:54 PM
You really don't know you're a troll, do you, myth?

:rolleyes:

Chachi420
2006-09-24, 08:00 PM
ok, I haven't read this thread or the other one, but I have 2 questions:
when will this topic be dropped?
can we create a forum dedicated just to these topics since it appears the topic (whatever it may be) will never be dropped?

jcrab66
2006-09-24, 10:59 PM
why are you even in this thread chachi? run along now....

TheEnforcer3
2006-09-25, 08:57 AM
The only thing they REALLY deserve is their "treasure"
being stolen from them.....
MHO!

I don't think you are really advocating people breaking into other peoples houses just to steal their master recordings are you? That's definitely crossing the line.

TheEnforcer3
2006-09-25, 09:04 AM
Borlag... pay no atttention to freezer. He'll make you think he's being serious about things but it's really all just lies. Ask anybody who's been around here long enough. He's not to be taken seriously... ever. :lol:

Hey Myth, I've been arond here longer than you and I think Freezer has many valid points. Care to comment on this like an adult or are you going to resort to spewing your typical run of the mill insults at me?

TheEnforcer3
2006-09-25, 09:06 AM
your idea of fun is to insult each others all day long, which admittely can occasionally be fun. Only problem with that is that it basically requires some creativity, same insults day after day and post after post do become repetitive... :lol:

The same insults involving trailers, goats and two cent mothers.

dmccabe
2006-09-25, 03:24 PM
Oh no... the thread moved over to here!

It is a common misconception that the porridge-bird (fictius custardius) lays it's eggs in the air. Certainly, each spring, great flocks of porridge-birds swarm the countryside, raining down porridge, custard and (in extreme cases) yoghurt on unsuspecting passers by. Understandably, this has given rise to the idea that porridge-birds lay their eggs in mid-flight, which then hatch and cover the surrounding area in the aforementioned mess. The fact of the matter is, however, that the porridge-bird lays its eggs in small nests, built in the very tops of elm and oak trees. There, the young porridge-birds hatch from their eggs. The parents then scour the countryside, looking for porridge- and custard trees. (yes, porrdige grows on trees. Yoghurt, however, lives underwater) Once such a tree is spotted, the porridge-bird swoops down, and attempts to catch one of the many feral custards that live on the tree. Due to the nature and consistency of porridge much of the creature will fall from the porridge-birds' clutches before the bird can reach it's nest. This is why -even though porridge-birds do not really lay eggs in the air- it is advisable to take an umbrella along when you enter porridge-bird territory.

Five
2006-09-25, 03:31 PM
Oh no... the thread moved over to here!
no it didn't... this one is closed, too