PDA

View Full Version : Video_TS files NOT deleting from my Hard Drive

cptsolo
2006-08-14, 03:57 PM
I just recently started having a problem with Video_TS files I got from here. Once I was done with Phish 3-31-92 (8 GB), GNR 10-30-87 (2GB), and GNR Riot show (4GB), I deleted the files so I should have had an etxra 14 GB free on top of my existing free space. But when I went to "my computer" I only had my previous 6 GB of free space left.The files are gone but it doesn't reflect on my drive read out. I then burnt some FLACs to DVD as data and then deleted those and everything erased fine. I even restarted to see if the Video_TS files would show up deleted to no avail. I am wondering if anyone knows what may be wrong.

karmakat
2006-08-14, 04:00 PM
What version of Windows are you on?

cptsolo
2006-08-14, 04:03 PM
XP Pro

dcbullet
2006-08-14, 04:22 PM
You emptied your Recyle Bin right?

thisistoto
2006-08-14, 04:45 PM
those files are too big for the bin.

cptsolo
2006-08-14, 05:56 PM
Correct, in fact, the only difference between the video_TS files and the FLAC files that I deleted, was when prompted that they were too big for the bin and if I wanted to permanently delete them, I clicked "yes to all" for the video_TS files and I clicked just "yes" for the FLAC files. I doubt it made a difference but I still can't determine why I could delete FLAC files but not Video_TS files considering they're both data. Is there a way that it is locked in Azereus or something like that even though the files are no longer "visible" on my computer?

Thanks again, guys, for helping me with this

- Clint

BTW, don't fret, I'm working on getting my ratio up on here but I first need to free up some HD space hence this thread.

thisistoto
2006-08-14, 06:14 PM
Do you have azerues closed when you try to delete?

Try running the OS in safe mode and looking around there, to do this press F8 or F3 or delete (depends on your motherboard) to get to a dos screen and select start windows in safe mode.

did you try completly shutting down the computer, wait 30 seconds, then turn back on?

also try the disc cleanup utility.

TerryG
2006-08-15, 11:13 AM
You could try giving unlocker (http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/) a try.

thisistoto
2006-08-15, 01:15 PM
Also, when you delete files from your HD in Windows you dont truly "delete" them. They just eventually get overwritten. Iv never had this happen to me before, but if all else fails you might want to get a trial of a program that does completly erase them. But try disc cleanup first, for some reason it might be in your Temp folder.

Also, right click on the Recycle Bin and move the slider down to 5 or 4 percent. Even if you didnt have this problem doing so will give you more space on your HD (unless you like to have a bunch of ish sitting in ur bin.) And who knows, this might also solve your problem.

TheMamba
2006-08-16, 06:06 AM
Are you just high lighting and hitting "delete?"

Try high lighting and hitting "shift + delete" for a hard delete.

thisistoto
2006-08-16, 07:26 AM
shift delete just bypasses the recycle bin, and these files are too large for the bin to hold.

Iknow
2006-08-17, 05:41 PM
there is a program called moveonboot. It deletes things that won't delete. Try it.