PDA

View Full Version : user name in green

bluzluver
2006-08-12, 10:34 AM
Hi.....can anyone tell me why my user name is in green on torrents page when i am seeding and everyone else's name is in blue?

Is there a place i can look to find out about colors & codes on this site and what they mean?

thanx

:thumbsup Bob

retired
2006-08-12, 11:20 AM
Everyone show's up Green to themselve's. makes it easier to see yourself on the torrents & has something to do w/ the sites ID/configuration.
Red is the only color that matters....(1.13 GB/4.07 GB/3.60)....keep up the positive sharing and you wont see it :thumbsup

welcome to the Den bob :wave:

U2Lynne
2006-08-12, 11:26 AM
Yep, Joe is right. It was just very easy when I was looking at the code for the Peers table to highlight a user's own name, so I decided to do it to just make it easier to find yourself in the list.

(Why is red always picked as the 'bad' color? I like red, but I figured I would go with the norm on all the other sites and use red to highlight the 'bad' things (firewalled ports and ultra-low ratios).)

bluzluver
2006-08-13, 09:45 PM
thanx for the response gang! :thumbsup

Evenreven
2006-08-14, 05:45 AM
(Why is red always picked as the 'bad' color? I like red, but I figured I would go with the norm on all the other sites and use red to highlight the 'bad' things (firewalled ports and ultra-low ratios).)Wild guess: traffic lights. I can't explain that one though. :)

One quick question, if there's no red after my name in the peers list, everything is running smoothly, yes? No need for more firewall/port tweaking?

retired
2006-08-14, 07:03 AM
:thumbsup no red by your name on a torrent = not firewalled

Evenreven
2006-08-17, 08:22 AM
Groovy. Thanks.