PDA

View Full Version : General Trading Question

jessenr88
2006-08-10, 05:53 PM
Hi, is there a general rule about who should send first in a trade? I usually ask the person I'm trading with to send first, if we have never traded before. This works well in most cases, but is it considered "correct" in the trading world? Thanks for any advice.

TheMamba
2006-08-10, 07:14 PM
I see it a lot. Dunno if it's "correct" or not...but everyone has their own gig I suppose.

chewie420
2006-08-11, 07:25 PM
i keep in touch with the person and try to send them at the same time. a good rule of thumb is start with a few small trades when trading with someone new, so if it goes bad, you're not hit too bad. i've seen people do like a 20 disc trade with a new person the 1st time and get totally beat. look at their list, how long they've been a member of the site, etc and you can tell if they've been around for awhile and chill to trade with, or if they are out to rip people off.

Explosivo
2006-08-11, 07:44 PM
Most of the time it seems to be if you contact first then you send first, but it can very. I only make people send first if I dont know them and its a large trade.

Festafarian
2006-08-11, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I think the common etiquette is for the person who contacts 1st to send 1st, but if they have a good standing, I usually just send at the same time.

Punkishlyevil
2006-08-12, 01:30 AM
i keep in touch with the person and try to send them at the same time. a good rule of thumb is start with a few small trades when trading with someone new, so if it goes bad, you're not hit too bad. i've seen people do like a 20 disc trade with a new person the 1st time and get totally beat. look at their list, how long they've been a member of the site, etc and you can tell if they've been around for awhile and chill to trade with, or if they are out to rip people off.

Happened to me. I sent someone four DVDs of stuff, something like 30 shows or more and I never got my stuff.