PDA

View Full Version : cd bootleg

inside'eye
2006-07-23, 02:56 PM
How do you know if the live cd you bought in a shop can be torrented here?

Karst
2006-07-23, 03:14 PM
Do you have any details? I many cases silvers are preferred. :cool:

Five
2006-07-23, 03:18 PM
look it up on the internet and try to determine if what you got is an original/uncirculated. Also must not be an official release.

If you tell us what it is that will help too.

inside'eye
2006-07-23, 04:12 PM
Marc Bolan and T-Rex
rainbow theatre 18 march '77
The porstmouth Locarno 20 March '77
The Agora club Cleveland,Ohio 11 Nov '74

all on two silvers.

Issued under liscence from Wizard(Bahamas)LTD
1977 Demon Records LTD
Manufactured in Germany on EDSEL cd label.

It is from a tape source as stated on the jewel,after reading IKNOW's question in the lounge,I remembered this live cd I had bought whilst in Florida,and wondered ....just maybe?

And Five,this probably the "n00best" question you will ever hear,but.....wait for it........how do you look on the internet to see if this an official release or an original/uncirculated?

inside'eye
2006-07-23, 10:37 PM
I can only find this on japanese order site 'mundo'.

Have also found it for sale at cd universe if these places mean anything :hmm:

Five
2006-07-23, 11:58 PM
And Five,this probably the "n00best" question you will ever hear,but.....wait for it........how do you look on the internet to see if this an official release or an original/uncirculated?
I usually search T-Rex bootleg and try to find a fansite that lists known boots and/or amateur tapes. I'll also try to find it on amazon.

holy shit there's a hell of a lot of T-Rex on amazon! is there a sort of title written on the cover?

I know there was a time in the 90s when German law allowed for the release of this kind of stuff, much like Italy. I think this might be one of those.

Five
2006-07-24, 01:32 AM
also can you give the tracklisting, please? thx

Karst
2006-07-24, 06:40 AM
Right - Amazon (UK) has this (the Rainbow gig at least) here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000001EX4/026-1779434-9473211?v=glance&n=229816

inside'eye
2006-07-24, 07:07 AM
So how do you know if a live cd is official or not?

Is it dependent on the label?...empress records for an example.

This first 5,000 were released with a second disc,the Agora'74 as posted before,this is the one I have,the rest were without this bonus cd.

I have not seen it on any bolan or t-rex sites under bootlegs,but not seen it on official releases either.I have seen it for sale,on a few sites but nothing stated official....always is stated as 'import'.

Am I missing something here?

Karst
2006-07-24, 07:54 AM
Well, the link I posted above says Phonogram. So that is official. My rule of thumb is that if it is on general sale on Amazon (UK or US) then it is a no-no. Seems to me that Demon/Edsel is quite a legitimate company: ref http://www.evangeline.co.uk/about.asp

So I would say the above would not be suitable to torrent.

inside'eye
2006-07-24, 08:24 AM
Well, the link I posted above says Phonogram. So that is official. My rule of thumb is that if it is on general sale on Amazon (UK or US) then it is a no-no. Seems to me that Demon/Edsel is quite a legitimate company: ref http://www.evangeline.co.uk/about.asp

So I would say the above would not be suitable to torrent.
ok,thanks for the advice :thumbsup ,
a shame but there you go.

lachy_legend
2007-11-24, 05:52 PM
its official i bought it in a shop ages ago but brill cd!
hopefully i will be posting some t rex bootlegs some time.
would anybodu like any?