PDA

View Full Version : iMac - Track Markers

coni14
2006-07-21, 01:59 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of software (hopefully free) that could at minimum, allow me to put track markers in a large audio file. I have a few FM broadcast shows that I would like split up into different tracks, but really don't know the first thing about it. I figured someone here who has been through the ropes would know best. Thanks for your help. I am new to Mac, so for all I know, I can already do it, and don't know it. Appreciate any thoughts.

reece
2006-07-21, 02:06 PM
If you have Toast 7 it comes with a program called CD Spin Doctor. Toast isn't free, you can get it for a decent price at Amazon.com

Audacity is a free program that does the job. There is a thread somewhere here that tells how but I didn't understand the directions.

U2Lynne
2006-07-21, 02:12 PM
Won't Audacity allow you to do that?

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15063

ffooky
2006-07-21, 03:10 PM
Simplest method using Audacity and xACT:

1. Open your wave, Edit->Move Cursor...->Track Start and hit command-B.
2. Locate all your track splits and mark each one by hitting command-B.
3. Go to File->Export Multiple, select WAV as the export format, Split files based on:Labels, Name files:Numbering consecutively, hit Export.

You'll now have a nice set of consecutively numbered split tracks but they are not cut on sector boundaries. Fear not.

4. Open xACT and go to its fix SBE tab.
5. Add your freshly split WAV's, making extra sure that they appear in the correct order. Ignore the MD5 options, select your output format of choice and hit the Fix button.
6. Admire your handiwork.

Karst
2006-07-22, 03:38 AM
trailware soundstudio: http://www.freeverse.com/soundstudio/

coni14
2006-10-16, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your help...appreciated.

Mr. Magoo
2006-10-17, 01:43 PM
I purchased Peak 4 LE (Bias). It will allow you to place track markers, fix TAO discs, fade in and out among other things.